• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

About magneride

jacksz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG GT PP 401A
As a future GT owner, I would like to ask a question about the MagneRide Damping System. When I ordered my car, I chose this option because I learned through YouTube that it is a variable damping. I would like to ask if this system is friendly for daily driving, or if I spent more than 2000 dollars to get a better experience? Because I noticed that the MagneRide Damping System option is not commonly seen in the 2024 Mustang GT on the market.
Sponsored

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I have a S550 without magnaride, you do feel the road... when I test drove one with magnaride, I couldn't believe the difference... in normal mode it rides as good as my cadillac.

OP
OP
jacksz

jacksz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG GT PP 401A
I have a S550 without magnaride, you do feel the road... when I test drove one with magnaride, I couldn't believe the difference... in normal mode it rides as good as my cadillac.
OMG Thank you for your answer! I feel much better now, and sometimes I even feel like I've wasted over 2000 dollars.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
That actually makes a difference if you like to track the car and/or go for spirited drives. I love my magneride in the canyons! I just need better tires to be fast around corners..

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
OMG Thank you for your answer! I feel much better now, and sometimes I even feel like I've wasted over 2000 dollars.
No problem. It is definitely worth it, and if you want to feel the road you can switch to sport or track mode!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I found the ride to be firm but not harsh. Running down the road it's comfortable without rocking, maybe a little floatie but throw it around a corner and it's solid. It's much different that older cars that I have driven. You could probably live without it but I think it will grow on you.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I think it's an option you'll appreciate. I definitely enjoy having mine.

The overwhelming amount of responses I've read have been positive of the option. The ability for the suspension to constantly adjust to conditions, in addition to tuning itself further by mode, is very well-received.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Pot hole mitigation is a bonus.

‘Potholes can ruin your day, straight up. Ford’s new Active Pothole Mitigation, available on Mustangs equipped with the performance package, will monitor a host of input parameters in the suspension, steering, and braking systems to detect if the car is about to have an unfortunate encounter with a pothole. The continuously-adaptive dampers will adjust accordingly, snapping to their stiffest setting which will reduce wheel drop inside the pothole, thus causing the wheel/tire impact on the trailing edge of the hole to be less severe — hopefully saving your expensive performance summer tires from cut sidewalls and expensive replacements.’

https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists/5-techy-features-on-the-2024-ford-mustang/

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost

‘Potholes can ruin your day, straight up. Ford’s new Active Pothole Mitigation, available on Mustangs equipped with the performance package, will monitor a host of input parameters in the suspension, steering, and braking systems to detect if the car is about to have an unfortunate encounter with a pothole. The continuously-adaptive dampers will adjust accordingly, snapping to their stiffest setting which will reduce wheel drop inside the pothole, thus causing the wheel/tire impact on the trailing edge of the hole to be less severe — hopefully saving your expensive performance summer tires from cut sidewalls and expensive replacements.’

Does this system actually work well? And was it available on the s550 or is it a new feature?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Does this system actually work well? And was it available on the s550 or is it a new feature?
It’s my understanding it’s a ‘new’ feature on the mustang. The fusion seems to have been the proof of concept. As far as I can tell yes it does help.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Definitely love having the option, granted, this is my first Mustang, so I can't really say how it compares to one without the feature. I can tell/feel the difference between Sport mode and Normal mode.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Yea... I think the article is a bit lacking/uninformed in that section, granted this was published Sept 2022. I don't foresee how WITHOUT magneride, the vehicle would be able to have pothole mitigation. The Performance Pack does NOT include magneride, however, I believe the Dark Horse (non-premium and premium) do straight out of the box.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Magneride is worth every penny. i've driven a few Mustangs with and without it and you can tell which ones have it. the feel also changes depending on the drive mode, such as Drag mode having the shocks be softer to get the power down from a launch. you also get the active pothole mitigation that others have mentioned, and if you ever trade in/sell your car, you might get more because Magneride is a rare option on GTs and EcoBoosts. the downside is if you ever have a suspension fault, you are limited to 80mph, and replacement struts and shocks are more expensive than their non-MR versions

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Because I noticed that the MagneRide Damping System option is not commonly seen in the 2024 Mustang GT on the market.
Your typical GT buyer isn't going to track it or even drive it under conditions that warrant it. Further, I'd argue that most buyers don't even know what it is, and $2K more makes a car harder to sell to people who don't know what it is.

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium
As a future GT owner, I would like to ask a question about the MagneRide Damping System. When I ordered my car, I chose this option because I learned through YouTube that it is a variable damping. I would like to ask if this system is friendly for daily driving, or if I spent more than 2000 dollars to get a better experience? Because I noticed that the MagneRide Damping System option is not commonly seen in the 2024 Mustang GT on the market.
I have it. I like it. Not harsh.
Sponsored