• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

About magneride

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
as his BMW has it. My car is way smoother than his.
BMW suspension team has totally lost the plot of late. I'm guessing it's a bunch of track-monkeys or young kids who think bouncing you around in your seat is the definition of good suspension.
Sponsored

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
It would be interesting to see the take rate on Magneride if it could be optioned on a standard GT w/ PP.
we could look back at S550 for those metrics. I don't have them.

Ford should have copied GM and just offered the MR with NO encumbrances at all, aside from perhaps x01A trim. There is zero reason to cripple MR by hard-wiring it to 'drive modes' but they gifted Mustang customers with that ditty back in S550 as well. Total ASS**** marketing!

Selecting MR mode should be no different from selecting AE or Steering Effort.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I wasn't the one using derogatory language. YOU were.
I've quoted your insulting comment 4 times now - again just below. If you don't think this is insulting to Mustang owners you will have a short time on here.

Mustang buyers don't have a clue and probably wouldn't know the difference between disc brakes and drum brakes. Hell, most can't drive a stick!'

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW suspension team has totally lost the plot of late. I'm guessing it's a bunch of track-monkeys or young kids who think bouncing you around in your seat is the definition of good suspension.
Has been like this for some time at BMW. Alpina make a much better job of it using the same cars so it doesn't have to be that way.

One of the big problems is cars are getting so heavy, if they are lighter you can use much softer springs and less aggressive damping so you can have a good ride and handling. Lotus Emira for example.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
I've quoted your insulting comment 4 times now
aren't you Brits famous for the stiff upper lip? And 'jolly good'?

If you want to be offended by roadpilot's post by reading into it what wasn't there, maybe it's time to move on? Americans don't apologize. We're gouache and uncivilized like that. :) Just roll your eyes at the Colonialists and have some more biscuits. And click 'Next' thread button.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
aren't you Brits famous for the stiff upper lip? And 'jolly good'?

If you want to be offended by roadpilot's post by reading into it what wasn't there, maybe it's time to move on? Americans don't apologize. We're gouache and uncivilized like that. :) Just roll your eyes at the Colonialists and have some more biscuits.
Just seems odd that somebody joins a forum and immediately calls the members clueless. As somebody else pointed out, a somewhat arrogant approach.

The irony is he reckons he has ordered a Mustang with Magneride, so his advice to the OP should have been yes tick the option, unless he is the only Mustang buyer that isn't clueless compared to the rest of us :wink:

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Just seems odd that somebody joins a forum and immediately calls the members clueless. As somebody else pointed out, a somewhat arrogant approach.

The irony is he reckons he has ordered a Mustang with Magneride, so his advice to the OP should have been yes tick the option, unless he is the only Mustang buyer that isn't clueless compared to the rest of us :wink:
Some people brighten every room when they enter and others when they leave 😎

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I've quoted your insulting comment 4 times now - again just below. If you don't think this is insulting to Mustang owners you will have a short time on here.

Mustang buyers don't have a clue and probably wouldn't know the difference between disc brakes and drum brakes. Hell, most can't drive a stick!'
Get over it, man. Just. Move. On.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're a liar. I never said anything about FORUM MEMBERS. I spoke about "typical Mustang buyers", MOST of which are NOT forum members.

Keep it up. Your LIES impress nobody except the weak minded.

I couldn't care less what YOU think. And I've been in the game FAR longer than you might think.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're a liar. I never said anything about FORUM MEMBERS. I spoke about "typical Mustang buyers", MOST of which are NOT forum members.

Keep it up. Your LIES impress nobody except the weak minded.

I couldn't care less what YOU think. And I've been in the game FAR longer than you might think.
Now you accuse me of being a liar when all I have done is repost YOUR comments. You said 'Mustang buyers' and you admit some are forum members!

But it doesn't matter because you are finally, bit by bit, rowing back. Thank you.

Does this mean by the way that some forum members are weak minded now as well?

And I've been in the game FAR longer than you might think. Oh, you have been banned and re-registered - makes sense now! :giggle:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bugger off, bloke!

Ignore mode engaged. Buh-bye, liar!

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Let's be honest, 90% of us would've ordered Magneride if it wasn't locked behind the (overpriced) performance pack. Magneride is not worth it though if you're going to be doing your own suspension setup.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Does this mean by the way that some forum members are weak minded now as well?
do you REALLY want us to answer that question? A good attorney doesn't ask questions he doesn't already know the answer to, and the answer helps his case.
Sponsored