• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

About magneride

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
there is a lot of Performance Package GTs and EBs that come in without Magneride. i've been checking in new vehicles at my dealer for nearly 3 years now, and more Mustangs do not have the Performance Package. of the ones that do, I have seen maybe 10 total with Magneride too, and that's of the (late)2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024(so far) model years. this does not count GT500s, Mach 1s, Dark Horses, or any other trim that has Magneride standard

1707938682374.png

šŸ¤”
I think what horned toad meant by his statement is that in order to get MR you have to get PP, so then itā€™s close to 7k.
Sponsored

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Z06 buyers know what they want and what options they are getting for a 6-figure car, while - yes - a majority of the *typical* Mustang buyers don't have a clue and probably wouldn't know the difference between disc brakes and drum brakes. Hell, most can't drive a stick!

No, not all. But many.
Your kind of arrogant with your opinions of what the typical Mustang buyer would know!
That is so kind of you to do.

P.S. - Just ordered my GT about an hour ago. Yes, I ordered the Magneride ... šŸ˜‰

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Kind of arrogant with your opinion and judgement

Naudica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Agreed. However, I do see far more GTs w/PP without the MR than with it.
I was looking at other posts and researching and I saw that there is better options then MR so I'm going to try out maybe the Steeda one because I believe that have an adjusted suspension also but we will see! Looking forward to getting my car in the next week and have some fun!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Kind of arrogant with your opinion and judgement
Nope. Just being honest. And I've bought and owned far more Mustangs than any other single sports car.

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLURD
The problem with optioning Magneride is that it requires the GT Premium trim with Performance Package to even unlock Magneride. If you could order Magneride on a standard GT with Performance Package, I'd have done so in a heartbeat. The additional options of a GT Premium wasn't worth the upcharge for us, so we missed out on Magneride. Bummer.

It would be interesting to see the take rate on Magneride if it could be optioned on a standard GT w/ PP.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I haven't driven an S650 without MagneRide so I'm not really qualified to compare it, but I can say that my car is super smooth. I was going to skip it but my husband encouraged me to get it as his BMW has it. My car is way smoother than his. It's a sweet option if you can swing it. In SoCal our roads can suck depending on where you're driving through, so I'm extra glad to have it.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Z06 buyers know what they want and what options they are getting for a 6-figure car, while - yes - a majority of the *typical* Mustang buyers don't have a clue and probably wouldn't know the difference between disc brakes and drum brakes. Hell, most can't drive a stick!

No, not all. But many.

That is so kind of you to do.

P.S. - Just ordered my GT about an hour ago. Yes, I ordered the Magneride ... šŸ˜‰
Wow!

If they can't drive a stick they must be morons! :crazy:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You were the one insulting Mustang drivers and their intelligence.

'Mustang buyers don't have a clue and probably wouldn't know the difference between disc brakes and drum brakes. Hell, most can't drive a stick!'
I made a statement that is most likely accurate. I didn't use insulting language like you did.

Just get on with your life ...

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I have a S550 without magnaride, you do feel the road... when I test drove one with magnaride, I couldn't believe the difference... in normal mode it rides as good as my cadillac.
OP I would agree with Sofa King. Personally I prefer without magnaride as I like the rougher/more communicative feel of the road; but for a very comfortable driving on the road experience I would highly recommend it to anyone! Definitely an option that makes quite a difference. Just get it, you certainly will not regret it!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I made a statement that is most likely accurate. I didn't use insulting language like you did.

Just get on with your life ...
I will do, but 26 messages in, you have managed to demean the intelligence of all Mustang buyers on a Mustang Forum. Do you really think your contribution below is likely to get you taken seriously? I would try moderating yourself and expressing your views in a more considered way going forward.

'Mustang buyers don't have a clue and probably wouldn't know the difference between disc brakes and drum brakes. Hell, most can't drive a stick!'

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will do, but 26 messages in, you have managed to demean the intelligence of all Mustang buyers on a Mustang Forum.
I wasn't the one using derogatory language. YOU were.

I would try moderating yourself and expressing your views in a more considered way going forward.
I would try minding your own business - starting right now. Get over it. Move on. Good day.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
I saw that there is better options then MR
depends on use-case. But let me spare you some up-front angst and wasted money. If you're thinnking coil-overs then Ohlins or Ridetech at minimum. Otherwise reach for MCS or JRI.

For grocery-getter the Bilstein or FP *TRACK* dampers are more than good enough and inexpensive.
Sponsored