• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How’s your gas mileage?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I just cracked 450 mikes on my Mustang GT yesterday. It’s been a combo of local driving with a bit of highway mileage. Yesterday I made a roughly 160 mile round trip drive that was primarily two lane highways. When I got home I looked at my average gas mileage and I was sitting at 20.8. Frankly I’m really happy with that number.
That’s what my 6 cylinder jeep grand Cherokee averages

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally I would bump it up it up to at least 91 or 93. Manual says 87 is ok. It is a high performance engine and over time will be detrimental to your engine. This was discussed thoroughly in June and consensus was the higher the better. Try a tank or 2 you will feel the difference.
But the news confirms that the Dark Horse is the most powerful non-Shelby Mustang ever. The original first look review continues below. the 2024 Mustang Dark Horse requires premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 or higher.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
news confirms that the Dark Horse is the most powerful non-Shelby Mustang ever. The original first look review continues below. the 2024 Mustang Dark Horse requires premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 or higher.

What gas does Ford recommend for Mustang GT?
91 octane is recommended and for best performance both power and economy wise as the coyote is a high compression engine which yields benefits to efficiency when it can utilize its maximum compression.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure what the dealership put into it at delivery, but I’ve used 89 octane the two fill ups that I’ve had to do so far
What gas does Ford recommend for Mustang GT?
91 octane is recommended and for best performance both power and economy wise as the coyote is a high compression engine which yields benefits to efficiency when it can utilize its maximum compression.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just rolled my 24’ GT to 657 miles tonight. I’m averaging 17.6mpg, I’m doing a lot of stop and go driving as well as I’m not being super gentle on the car throttle wise. Not saying I’m mashing it everywhere but if the roads are curvy I definitely get speed going and play like it’s meant to play. Figured ford said run it how it should be ran, no break in needed so I’m holding them to the test lol.
I will still do a break in
I just rolled my 24’ GT to 657 miles tonight. I’m averaging 17.6mpg, I’m doing a lot of stop and go driving as well as I’m not being super gentle on the car throttle wise. Not saying I’m mashing it everywhere but if the roads are curvy I definitely get speed going and play like it’s meant to play. Figured ford said run it how it should be ran, no break in needed so I’m holding them to the test lol.
everything I am reading says ford says you should do break in on them. Either 100 city or 1000 highway. I will do a break in, as hard as it may be, considering I only put 7000 miles on my Audi in close to 2 years

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find these numbers a bit disturbing. My 96 GT gets around 22 miles per gallon in town and the run between Los Angles and Phoenix I was able to get an even 30 miles per gallon. The RPMs for a given speed will pretty well match up with my new Dark Horse.
Now I am an easy driver. I set the cruse control at the speed limit and don't touch the brakes or gas unless traffic forces me to. I would have hoped in that in 27 years Ford might have improved the milage at least a little. I will find out in a few weeks when my car shows up.
On new ones they say don’t use cruise control for first 1000 miles

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
No, the new engine is almost 2.5 times more powerful. The original 4.6 GT engine output just a little over 200 horsepower. It was a lot and earned you higher insurance rates but even economy cars generate that much or more horsepower today.
well then you've answered your own complaints right? same mileage, but 2.5 times the output.... lol amazin

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Dropping here with no commentary.
From online 2024 Mustang Owners Manual.

Breaking-In

Your vehicle requires a break-in period. For the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km), avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow. During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Dropping here with no commentary.
From online 2024 Mustang Owners Manual.

Breaking-In

Your vehicle requires a break-in period. For the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km), avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow. During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.
I read the whole thing but to be honest I'm sure I was word blind when I hit that portion, I've not had a dingle hiccup so far, just rolled 700 miles earlier

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
I read the whole thing but to be honest I'm sure I was word blind when I hit that portion, I've not had a dingle hiccup so far, just rolled 700 miles earlier
What's weird is I downloaded the PDF when it came out and I don't find anything on break-in except for tires, but if you search for "break" in the on-line version you will see what I quoted. So maybe they updated it, I have not downloaded the PDF lately.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's weird is I downloaded the PDF when it came out and I don't find anything on break-in except for tires, but if you search for "break" in the on-line version you will see what I quoted. So maybe they updated it, I have not downloaded the PDF lately.
Yeah I could have swore I didn't see it at first

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're not crazy. I reached out to Ford support when i noticed it wasn't in there and they admitted it was missed on the first revision and seem to have added it now.
we need as a whole to start a petition to get our strut cross brace GT badges, i included have seen a lot of people saying they are missing that badge.
Sponsored