• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
nite pony available on GT PP but not Dark Horse in the pricing guide.
No red calipers on the dark horse in the pricing guide either...
Yeah I'm not too happy about that, but whatevs.
Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
No leather seats in the Dark Horse unless getting Recaros? But you can get them in the Ecoboost and GT??? WTF?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
BRUH

Lane Centering Assist is only available with the 10-speed auto, lol WHY?

Lane Keeping Assist is like driving with a nagging passenger that doesn't know if they want you to hug the extreme left or ride side of your lane while also nudging you when you don't want

That's honestly the biggest bummer I've heard so far

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
BRUH

Lane Centering Assist is only available with the 10-speed auto, lol WHY?

Lane Keeping Assist is like driving with a nagging passenger that doesn't know if they want you to hug the extreme left or ride side of your lane while also nudging you when you don't want

That's honestly the biggest bummer I've heard so far
Also wtf is this?

RECARO® Leather-Trimmed Sport Seats (Fastback Only) Note: Requires GT Performance Package (67J) Note: 6-way manual driver and 4-way manual passenger seats with nonadjustable head restraints. Does not include heated, cooled or memory

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with getting a fully loaded GT Premium.

Seemingly, the only real difference between it and the DH, besides the prestige factor, is that you'll get somewhat less horse power (which, if you're mostly doing city driving or commuting daily, is not a big deal IMO) and no Carbon Fiber wheels.

Not to mention, you can get A/Z pricing with the GT Premium and there will be a greater allocation of them (reducing the chance of long delays).

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I'm about to take back what I said about the pricing not being wack.

A GT premium 401A, with the performance pack (and adding brembos?), magneride, exhaust, and recaros is $60k on the dot? Am I adding redundant options? That's $61.3k with the gas guzzler on the 6MT.

That does not add up at all lmao.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm about to take back what I said about the pricing not being wack.

A GT premium 401A, with the performance pack (and adding brembos?), magneride, exhaust, and recaros is $60k on the dot? Am I adding redundant options? That's $61.3k with the gas guzzler on the 6MT.

That does not add up at all lmao.
FWIW, it costs $60.3K for the same fully loaded GT Premium in MY2023 at MSRP, and that's including automatic transmissiom.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Or is there already some profit baked into the "invoice with holdback" price?
dealers don't actually pay the "invoice w/ holdback" figure except on paper. Ford throws various things like advertising and unit performance awards and other such things every period (month or quarterly) that lowers the price of goods they remit to Ford.

But even if you discount those extras, (Invoice x 0.97 or 0.98, the holdback) is the actual amount of money that moves from the dealer's checking account into Ford's.

So the dealer is making 2-3% of invoice just by selling the car at "invoice w/ holdback". If they sell it at MSRP they get another ~5%. If they have such things as rediculous $800+ "doc fees" then they pad their profit margin by that amount as well.

Now obviously dealers have significant fixed costs and employees to pay so the 'net' over what went out of the checking account is not "all profit" in any sense of the word. For the sake of argument say the car is sold at MSRP and the dealer Net'd 8%. A good 30% of THAT can go to cost-of-doing-business.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Jesus Christ that's actually accurate

I just build out an equivalent 2023 S550 with the same options and it came out to $59.7k

Literally no point in going for a max spec GT anymore. Might as well just look at the DH lol

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
FWIW, it costs $60.3K for the same fully loaded GT Premium in MY2023 at MSRP, and that's including automatic transmissiom.
Also, unsure if the GTs are getting gas guzzler. It says 600a and 700a on the pricing sheet, which are dark horse trims.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Crazy, I just built one out on their site to fact check my sanity

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jesus Christ that's actually accurate

I just build out an equivalent 2023 S550 with the same options and it came out to $59.7k

Literally no point in going for a max spec GT anymore. Might as well just look at the DH lol
It really does boil down to preference and a judgement call between the DH and a fully loaded GT Premium. There isn't much different between them.

I get the prestige factor with the DH. But for me, if I have a better shot at getting several grand off MSRP (or even invoice) and without having to worry about limited allocations, going with the GT Premium is a no-brainer.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
t looks like it's just that it's possible to get brembos without performance pack now and the performance pack is just cheaper, as brembos are listed as std with the performance pack
you can buy the Brembos for $1000 new, retail. The PP very likely includes the Brembo, it would be utterly whack for it not. But $5000 is still highway robbery. It used to be $2500, then 3000, then 4000. Things get cheaper the more you make them. Not 25% more expensive one year to the next.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
It really does boil down to preference and a judgement call between the DH and a fully loaded GT Premium. There isn't much different between them.

I get the prestige factor with the DH. But for me, if I have a better shot at getting several grand off MSRP (or even invoice) and without having to worry about limited allocations, going with the GT Premium is a no-brainer.
Also if you want to use it as a track toy without having to add coolers on your own. And potentially a track attack day at Charlotte. These are the two factors that have me picking the DH over the Gt. If I wasnt going to use it on the track, i would go GT.

My dealer is being tight lipped about these guides and pricing at the moment. @Blueberrystang2000 is this something that isnt supposed to be discussed with customers yet?

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 (ordered 12/21), 2005 Chevy Impala
Can’t find the price for the Blue Ember paint that’s exclusive to the DH.🤦🏼‍♂️
Sponsored