• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
'15 thru '17 maybe, but so what, it is still a beautiful design. A design that the s650 is built from and enjoys. The '18 plus refresh in no way resembles a Fusion. I still think the s650 employs many Camaro styling cues, but that is OK with me because I like the current Camaro design (just not the interior). With that being said, then with the '24 Stang, I guess one can say "Enjoy the Camaro refresh" LOL.
I will Tony, I will. I'm going to tell people I like the Camaro so much, I got two of them - even the one Ford made.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I for one enjoyed my Fusion coupe and will probably be a happy owner of the Camaro redux 🤠

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
...you ever think that the S550 exploratory stages, oh I dunno, helped to pen things like the Explorer's lines lol? Work and ideas were going on before things officially began...lots of competition and thoughts/ideas being dreamed-up and presented before Ford rolled with Kuric and got things started. There's a whole video about it still up on YouTube where they tour around the design studio and look at various pre-production sketches and lifesized models of what the car was to be. It's good stuff.

Thanks for supporting the Stang!
That can be how it works for some projects, but the timeline is all screwed up. I literally own a book from a ford designer who worked on the s550 project who said they didn't even start the exploratory phase until '09. The s550 can't inspire the explorer if the explorers design is locked in before the s550 product even begins. Not unless you have a time machine. Most of those radical concept sketches you mentioned were created in '09 or 2010. So there's no way they inspired the explorer.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
BTW_ guys I think the 2024 DH design rocks. Looking back on designs my most favorite mustang back in 2006 was the Ital Design Concept. Later the EVOS concept was more Fusion like, but I was hoping that the door designs would be used in the future ford cars. I guess little was taken from concept cars into production over the years. It is all about production costs and market studies that we never get exact concept into manufacturing. It is just a vehicle study for more ideas in future design trends.

S650 Mustang Video: Dark Horse S650 shown to assembly workers w/ headlights animation, cold start and revving sounds Ital_design_2006_concept

S650 Mustang Video: Dark Horse S650 shown to assembly workers w/ headlights animation, cold start and revving sounds FORD_evos_concept

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
BTW_ guys I think the 2024 DH design rocks. Looking back on designs my most favorite mustang back in 2006 was the Ital Design Concept. Later the EVOS concept was more Fusion like, but I was hoping that the door designs would be used in the future ford cars. I guess little was taken from concept cars into production over the years. It is all about production costs and market studies that we never get exact concept into manufacturing. It is just a vehicle study for more ideas in future design trends.

Ital_design_2006_concept.jpg

FORD_evos_concept.jpg

The Giugiaro concept was fire - but I'll skip the lambo doors lol.

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Dancing headlights have a feel of the mothership from Close Encounters, at least in video

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

Ital_design_2006_concept.jpg

FORD_evos_concept.jpg
To each their own. I really disliked the Giugiaro concept. Made me afraid that it was going to be related to the follow up design for the MY10+ lol.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
To each their own. I really disliked the Giugiaro concept. Made me afraid that it was going to be related to the follow up design for the MY10+ lol.
Looks like I'm filling out this trio of opinions because I'm mixed on it. Love some elements, would love to see some tri-bars that cut into the trunk lid like that. Also love the front end. Don't dig the the interior, and the side, while attractive, isn't as exciting as the rest of the car

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Looks like I'm filling out this trio of opinions because I'm mixed on it. Love some elements, would love to see some tri-bars that cut into the trunk lid like that. Also love the front end. Don't dig the the interior, and the side, while attractive, isn't as exciting as the rest of the car
That’s fair, I get why people would like it. As a whole it just oozes peak mid-2000s to me… in the no-man’s land between traditional versus modern styling kind of way.

I feel like the mid 2000s was the puberty of car design though (but with several diamonds in the rough).

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I swear the way everyone complains about the S650 it makes me feel like the only one who is nearly 100% satisfied with the new 'Stang. I can't wait to order mine! Are there a few things here and there that I don't like all that much? Sure, but no vehicle is perfect. The '24 Mustang is an evolutionary product update. I'm sure when the '69 debuted there were people who hated it. Can't satisfy everyone all the time.

I, for one, think the car looks great and sounds amazing! I am a Flowmaster guy (I love the chambered exhaust sound), but I can't find fault with what I've heard so far from the factory exhaust. I don't see me changing the mufflers at this point. The headlamps are reminiscent of Knight Rider to me and I like it!

Let's talk about the Dark Horse interior we still haven't seen. I think Ford is holding out on us big time! The DH interior may be something even more special than what we have been told so far. Otherwise why would they black out the windows and not let the employee film the side of the car with the window open? Lots to like about the S650. You won't hear any bashing from my end!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
That can be how it works for some projects, but the timeline is all screwed up. I literally own a book from a ford designer who worked on the s550 project who said they didn't even start the exploratory phase until '09. The s550 can't inspire the explorer if the explorers design is locked in before the s550 product even begins. Not unless you have a time machine. Most of those radical concept sketches you mentioned were created in '09 or 2010. So there's no way they inspired the explorer.
Lines on the sides might have been inspired by the Explorer. Big deal. The crucial point in mentioning the history of the S550 design is debunking the idea that Ford said, "hey, we already have this cool Fusion. Let's slap the same nose on the new Mustang."

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I swear the way everyone complains about the S650 it makes me feel like the only one who is nearly 100% satisfied with the new 'Stang. I can't wait to order mine! Are there a few things here and there that I don't like all that much? Sure, but no vehicle is perfect. The '24 Mustang is an evolutionary product update. I'm sure when the '69 debuted there were people who hated it. Can't satisfy everyone all the time.

I, for one, think the car looks great and sounds amazing! I am a Flowmaster guy (I love the chambered exhaust sound), but I can't find fault with what I've heard so far from the factory exhaust. I don't see me changing the mufflers at this point. The headlamps are reminiscent of Knight Rider to me and I like it!

Let's talk about the Dark Horse interior we still haven't seen. I think Ford is holding out on us big time! The DH interior may be something even more special than what we have been told so far. Otherwise why would they black out the windows and not let the employee film the side of the car with the window open? Lots to like about the S650. You won't hear any bashing from my end!

I've said it before - every time a new gen of any car comes out, some owners of the previous gen are always going to be butthurt because they're stuck in a 72-month loan at 15% APR for a less desirable car. Either that, or they blew their life savings on the previous gen. 😂

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
It's normal that people need time to like a new car. Even for Gen 6 there were a lot people online that though it looked too european or like a fusion. But it ended up to be the best selling Mustang yet including becoming the best selling sportscar worldwide.
So for an mostly online reveal with only a handful of people seeing the real car, I think most people are really happy with the design with the most discussed topic being the non-retro interior design.
The important part will be how much people will trade in their Gen 6 once their lease/finance runs out, and I think they nailed the sweetspot between being a new Gen and being likable for people who loved Gen 6

I honestly really love what they did with Gen 7, I already think it will end being my favorite modern Mustang (that belonged to GT350 and Mach 1 before) but I have to see it live first. If there wouldn't be the C8 in europe I would definitely traded in my Camaro for the Gen 7.
Sponsored

Last edited: