• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Poll- Do you like the new interior?

Do you like the new interior?

• Total voters

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Yep.

All fandoms are ultimately alike. There are Trekkies who want William Shatner back, and football fans who went to Internet arms when Washington changed their name (yeah, there are still Washington fans).
Geez ....

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
Hate the tablet style interior, just looks lazy to me. I wasnt expecting much since itā€™s basically a refresh but would have been nice to see a hatchback option or a little more innovation, but guess theyā€™ll save that for the ev. Cant fault them too much for not investing a lot here with where everything is going. That being said Iā€™ll prob be going f-150 at some point just to get that out of my system. Got one as a rental and enjoyed the truck way more than I thought I would, completely different of course.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
RE: the base interior/instrument panel

Don't know if this is a photo or not, looks like it could be a rendering. If it's at all even remotely close, IMHO it's a nightmare, an absolute dumpster fire. How any company could hot-glue a couple of iPads to the dash and call it an instrument panel for a Mustang is a joke.

S650 Mustang Poll- Do you like the new interior? 2024 Mustang dash

Last edited:

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The market and sales of the car will decide how people feel about it. People ultimately vote with their wallets, which is all Ford cares about.

For me, it would be an absolute, non-negotiable deal-breaker. There is no way in Earth I would ever consider buying the car with that instrument panel, regardless of how much power it had, how 'good' it might be in other details, or the price. I'd hate myself every time I got into the car.

I'm just a sample of one, though I am in Ford's traditional Mustang demographic (and have owned 5 of them in my life). I think Ford is taking a big risk in abandoning its traditional buyers, in hopes that 'younger generations' raised on video games will like, or at least tolerate and overlook, the new instrument panel. Maybe they're looking at it as a transition to an EV Mustang, a bridge from the past to the future.

For me (and my wallet), it's a shame what is likely the last gas-powered ICE Mustang goes out not with a bang, but a nausea-inducing whimper.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Remember, April 1st comes before the s650 will be released for sale. I think that Ford is just setting all of us up for one of the biggest April Fool's joke ever. Stay tuned :wink:.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Don't know if this is a photo or not, looks like it could be a rendering. If it's at all even remotely close, IMHO it's a nightmare, an absolute dumpster fire. How any company could hot-glue a couple of iPads to the dash and call it an instrument panel for a Mustang is a joke.

2024 Mustang dash.png
We've discussed this already. Not an actual photo of the base interior. Just a rendering.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Remember, April 1st comes before the s650 will be released for sale. I think that Ford is just setting all of us up for one of the biggest April Fool's joke ever. Stay tuned :wink:.
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

I certainly hope so!!!!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
We've discussed this already. Not an actual photo of the base interior. Just a rendering.
They likely have yet to finalize the base interior materials/options which is why we have no official pictures. Personally, I think the separate screens look better then the fake one piece glass with two displays...

chucker223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 mustang GT 2020 challenger scatpack widebody
The carryover door panels bother me more than they should. I just wish they took more creative liberty with the screens from a physical standpoint. I don't even care about whether or not they kept things symmetrical; a Mustang interior usually has those nifty gimmicks that add character and I wish we saw more of it outside of some hopped up videogame graphic stuff. The wedged-on single pane screen looks like a last minute thought and the bezels are ridiculously big.
The door panels on the S650 are new not carryover despite being very similar. The door and grab handles look carryover though.. why is no one asking if this mustang is finally coming with hydraulic hood struts and not a cheap lame prop rod?

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Ford is following the market at large. If it does not it will die. A few recent examples: Blackberry, did not embrace touch screen phones. Blockbuster, did not embrace streaming and passed on a chance to buy Netflix. Nobody can argue they chose poorly.

On the other hand Corvette (a nameplate older than Mustang, perceived as an old man's car) has embraced modern-day tech (and yes, mid engine). Now demand is up 3 years into the C8.

Boomers are at retirement age. Milineals are entering prime earning years. Gen Z will quickly follow. It's simple demographics. No amount of differing opinions will stop time from marching on.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

2024 Mustang dash.png
I unironically like this more than the single pane because the bezels donā€™t look chunky-monkey and there isnā€™t a chunk of black plastic separating the screens lol

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
...and football fans who went to Internet arms when Washington changed their name (yeah, there are still Washington fans).
Of all the crazy things written on this forum, this might be the craziest. Washington fans? Still????? :)
Sponsored