• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco
They should have called it Night Mare instead of Dark Horse. Would have been so much cooler.

That being said, I'm going to have to take a look in the piggy bank and see if I can scrounge up the change for one of these or if I have to 'settle' for a performance pack GT.

I'll be the coolest dude in his early 40s in the neighborhood!
The real question is whether you can get a Nite Pony Dark Horse. :crackup:

Personally, I’m over the special editions. They are so limited in quantity that the dealers make the buying experience pretty miserable. It seems like it’s better if you don’t live in Detroit though. I saw Bullitts and GT350s left over at small dealers in the middle of nowhere that got allocations that they had no business getting.

Long story short, if it’s not high volume then I’m likely not getting one.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Only one "Cobra" was supercharged. Are you too young to remember?
it’s not about that.
Since the Terminator, ALL COBRA/SHELBY GT500s have been forced induction cars.

it would be a major backward step to take that away and still call it Cobra.

progress my friend. Not regression. Progress.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
it’s not about that.
Since the Terminator, ALL COBRA/SHELBY GT500s have been forced induction cars.

it would be a major backward step to take that away and still call it Cobra.

progress my friend. Not regression. Progress.
haha! Man, I knew you'd say that., and I know it's got a snake on it - But a Cobra is a Cobra and a Shelby is a Shelby. Cobra/Shelby is a stretch. A Shelby Cobra is/was not a Mustang.

Thems is different shits.

Semantics, I guess. But if it was called a Cobra and and snakes on it, nobody would be shittin' on the name. And the logo. It's whack.

All good, it's a nice facelift, the "S650".

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I just found out that the Trofeo RS tires look to be the first of their kind and have a 100tw rating which is INTENSE. That's a massive deal. This thing is here to put up insane numbers. It'll probably run rings around the Mach 1 just thanks to the tires.
sorry but you're seriously deluded. The Trofeo is a not an impressive tire and the 100TW is bullsh*t. I'm running PZ4 Corsa marked with '80tw' and they might as well be 240-300. Pirelli's TW ratings are complete nonsense. If you want an OEM tire that's any good, your choice of brand does not include Pirelli, period.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
sorry but you're seriously deluded. The Trofeo is a not an impressive tire and the 100TW is bullsh*t. I'm running PZ4 Corsa marked with '80tw' and they might as well be 240-300. Pirelli's TW ratings are complete nonsense. If you want an OEM tire that's any good, your choice of brand does not include Pirelli, period.
Literally a different compound. I've had vanilla P Zeros. They were shit, but their Trofeos have been consistently and objectively ranked very well. You're seriously deluded trying to extrapolate your experience from a completely separate tire.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
haha! Man, I knew you'd say that., and I know it's got a snake on it - But a Cobra is a Cobra and a Shelby is a Shelby. Cobra/Shelby is a stretch. A Shelby Cobra is/was not a Mustang.

Thems is different shits.

Semantics, I guess. But if it was called a Cobra and and snakes on it, nobody would be shittin' on the name. And the logo. It's whack.

All good, it's a nice facelift, the "S650".
incorrect. The cobra was the top tier. Highest performance. Once it went FI, Ford bever looked back. The gt500 also was not supercharged originally. But since it took the Cobra slot, it was. No going backward now. The dark horse is a lesser car than cobra or Shelby status.

Boss/Mach 1=dark horse

forced induction exotic power levelsFor it’s time=Cobra/gt500.

That’s the way it is.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I’m glad they went with a new name, after a while it gets old rehashing crap. Because let’s be honest here if they called it a cobra or boss 302 half of y’all would be disappointed it didn’t have this or that. But when it’s a new name plate they have some breathing room to experiment

emrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018, Audi A8L 2019
Does the new Mustang offer an automatic transmission? The new car just released seems to have only a manual transmission
Yes, All models will have the auto. They have confirmed that, Dark Horse will have that option too...

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring