• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Lot of people in this thread saying the S550 is "peak Mustang" -- can't agree. Looks boring and dated in my eyes. This design may not be blowing me away, but it feels more fresh than the S550 ever did.
problem is, like the supposed 'charger' it's an unholy mismatch of thin and sharp-edged facets up front, a side devoid of all features since they used a butter knife to sculpt it, and then some arbitrary #metoo crease-sh*t for the back. Where do these designers hang out? At KIA design studios and just rip off silly things?
Sponsored

Last edited:

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I think what frustrates me the most is that we were told that this would be an all-new generation. But now we see the same shift knob, basically the same wing/spoiler as the current Performance Pack, the same seats and interior door panels, etc. I say this with respect to the Mustang team at Ford, but this feels like a refresh. Even if there are still some surprises with the powertrain, it feels like a warmed over S550. It doesn't feel like a generational jump, like S197 was to S550.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
1663186307688.png
Giving me M4 vibes, and maybe a little bit of M2C. I honestly dig it.

Lot of people in this thread saying the S550 is "peak Mustang" -- can't agree. Looks boring and dated in my eyes. This design may not be blowing me away, but it feels more fresh than the S550 ever did.

As usual, I imagine the Shelby version will add a few small tweaks that make the design really work. All S550s look boring to me, except the GT350.

THIS.

I feel like with some minor, more aggressive tweaks, it could look like the proverbial "poster car".

LARams24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback Premium
Man, I’m really disappointed. Every generation prior, you knew there was a completely new platform coming. This is just S550 V3. It looks exactly the same. Thought they’d go all out for the last V8.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
To me, this looks like a reworking of the 2015-17 design instead of as much of a change as the 18-22 had.

Front does look good to me, rear is awful. Interior is okay with the dash, but those vents are not really my cup of tea.

VRYALT3R3D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
But you have no idea what a hi-po S650 could offer. I think your mind was made up on the 1LE (nothing wrong with that).
There is no way whatever is being revealed today is going to top the ZL1 1LE. I knew that. This leaked Mustang just doesnt seem too big of an upgrade for me compared to my current Mustang

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I don't particularly understand what Ford was going for with the tail lights...why do they connect from the top of the body line/crease yet stop short of the bottom line/crease? Why do they have black background features but not a black decklid panel? And why do they start at the top of the crease and extend straight outward to the right...from a flush/uniform left starting point...yet the crease juts upward and the lights do not lol? It leaves a really hideous gap there on the right where the lights no longer ride flush with the crease...weird stuff that you think they would have noticed and decided to well, not do?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
There is no way whatever is being revealed today is going to top the ZL1 1LE. I knew that. This leaked Mustang just doesnt seem too big of an upgrade for me compared to my current Mustang
Definitely not today. But, in a year's time, we may hopefully see a hi-po variant. And I don't just mean a track special Boss, but hopefully, a GT500 successor. On the other hand, they may just leave it to Shelby American to come up with a GT500 successor based on rumors that the Predator won't return (sad face).

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
About the only thing more desirable about it is the supposed improvements to the motor but I will eat sand if they actually gave it forged rods and 2 manual options, that is retarded. No car ever has come with 2 different manual options lol.
And they eventually will sell this motors and trans combos as a Create.