• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
No, not at all. The Mach E design was frozen 4 years ago and defined in general styling before that around late 2017.

New-S650 barely got underway exactly 5 years ago, but designers probably got to it in 2018 and then worked on it until 2020.

Old S650 (CD6) paralleled the Mach E, being due for final sign-offs in late 2017 in Design.

The CX727 Mach E was designed 4-5 years ago and finalized in 2018. S650 design work trails that somewhat, by 2 years. 2020 was the year things became definitive for S650, with expectation in 2020 development it would launch in 2022.

On CD6, it would've required a high lead gap of some 3 years without delays.
🤣

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
No, not at all. The Mach E design was frozen 4 years ago and defined in general styling before that around late 2017.

New-S650 barely got underway exactly 5 years ago, but designers probably got to it in 2018 and then worked on it until 2020.

Old S650 (CD6) paralleled the Mach E, being due for final sign-offs in late 2017 in Design.

The CX727 Mach E was designed 4-5 years ago and finalized in 2018. S650 design work trails that somewhat, by 2 years. 2020 was the year things became definitive for S650, with expectation in 2020 development it would launch in 2022.

On CD6, it would've required a high lead gap of some 3 years without delays.
Thanks for the additional insights as always man. So according to the timeline you provided, it appears as though the cd6 mustang was pretty far along in it's development before it was canned. I know part of the reason they killed off the cd6 s650 was to keep costs down. Part of me is wondering if other factors were at play as well. Like if the cd6 mustang in early testing didn't offer promising performance, or if the design they initially was disappointing. I always kinda assumed the cd6 car was killed pretty quickly. But if that isn't the case, that would be quite surprising.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Thanks for the additional insights as always man. So according to the timeline you provided, it appears as though the cd6 mustang was pretty far along in it's development before it was canned. I know part of the reason they killed off the cd6 s650 was to keep costs down. Part of me is wondering if other factors were at play as well. Like if the cd6 mustang in early testing didn't offer promising performance, or if the design they initially was disappointing. I always kinda assumed the cd6 car was killed pretty quickly. But if that isn't the case, that would be quite surprising.
Sorry about my late response, but CD6 Mustang wasn't in development very long I imagine. Maybe at most 1.5 years, so design was never completed and save for "X" mules, there was no real testing done.

It was a cynical move by Hackett to dumb it down, to demonstrate he "meant business" and play to Wall Street with short term thinking. A lot of CD6 product killed in favor of CUVs and SUVs.

The extra capital spent on Mach E VERY likely came from CD6 S650,.

Oh and please ignore you-know-who's shenanigans above. Their credibility is next to nil. I don't have time to play whack-a-mole with their ridiculous, conjecture laden commentary, as unfortunately I'm not one to use the ignore button ever.

However, I probably lost interest in posting here more regularly for that reason, as that individual doesn't know what they're talking about in any sense ever and it's tiring, the second go-around.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
However, I probably lost interest in posting here more regularly for that reason, as that individual doesn't know what they're talking about in any sense ever and it's tiring, the second go-around.

Please don't let certain individuals put you off posting here as many of us really appreciate your insights and detailed knowledge. Forums are all the better when members such as yourself give their time to educated us. Those of us who frequent here regularly know who to listen to and who to ignore :)

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 02 150, 06 250
It was a cynical move by Hackett to dumb it down, to demonstrate he "meant business" and play to Wall Street with short term thinking. A lot of CD6 product killed in favor of CUVs and SUVs.
I get the feeling most of the good stuff we've gotten the last few years (Mach 1, GT500, etc) was 'in spite of' not 'because of' Hackett.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Please don't let certain individuals put you off posting here as many of us really appreciate your insights and detailed knowledge. Forums are all the better when members such as yourself give their time to educated us. Those of us who frequent here regularly know who to listen to and who to ignore :)
If I happen to be one of those "certain individuals", I apologize for being one of the more "out there" Mustang enthusiasts. I just happen to like all sorts of cars alongside the Mustang, and I'm still holding out hope that Ford makes the oft-rumored V8 [AWD] sedan/sportback (Mustang or by any other name) an actual reality here in the US.

To get back on topic (mostly), that 7th generation Mustang announcement on Facebook (?) with the V8 sound clip sounded very nice in my book. Not quite the bass-y sleeper wonder in my mind that is the 2005-2009 4.6 3-valve V8, but certainly up there.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Sorry about that public complaint, as I'm sure it doesn't help with moderating and keeping the peace, which I know you've done your best across these two forums for a good decade.

I just had to be a bit honest, since I was beginning to notice although all of us are excited, 1 or 2 of us need to dial it down a notch or two with the wild theories and lay off the borderline gaslighting.

Many of us comment on here regularly, curious about what's coming or happening, but thankfully avoid making unproven conjecture into our own facts and being loud about it.

Wanting to avoid unnecessary strife, I kind of just keep it at low engagement and comment if it is glaringly inaccurate.

I have never been good at using the ignore button LOL, due to the feeling of missing out on anything. Like let's say, someone links good info for once on a rare occasion. Thanks as always!

I get the feeling most of the good stuff we've gotten the last few years (Mach 1, GT500, etc) was 'in spite of' not 'because of' Hackett.
Yep, this would be correct, because Mach 1 was always in the cards and GT500 just came out later than planned. Hackett jettisoning that would've been even stickier.

He's a mixed bag in terms of his leadership, but then again who isn't at Ford?

If I happen to be one of those "certain individuals", I apologize for being one of the more "out there" Mustang enthusiasts. I just happen to like all sorts of cars alongside the Mustang, and I'm still holding out hope that Ford makes the oft-rumored V8 [AWD] sedan/sportback (Mustang or by any other name) an actual reality here in the US.

To get back on topic (mostly), that 7th generation Mustang announcement on Facebook (?) with the V8 sound clip sounded very nice in my book. Not quite the bass-y sleeper wonder in my mind that is the 2005-2009 4.6 3-valve V8, but certainly up there.
Don't worry my man, it definitely isn't you. How I respond to some folks, says more than enough LOL. In order to keep the peace I won't push it, but it becomes obvious who it is depending on if I am having to dispel conjecture of theirs way too often* or leave not so positive emojis.

We are all a community here and no one should feel targeted in this respect, because that's not my idea.

Only if you are ruining the fabric of things and constantly barking up the wrong tree with over the top misleading contradictions, then it gets pretty old.

It's one thing to have an opinion freely, it's another to be constantly drumming it down other users throats and not be letting up and trying to read the room first.

I don't care for doomsday posts, which dwell on negativity, especially if they have little basis in fact.

*I don't mean every reply I respond to with a correction or redirection, as I don't want some of you getting the wrong idea here. You can pretty much identify a pattern with someone else's posts.

Last edited:

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse