• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
The reality is we really don’t know crap about the next gEN mustang. I still think it’s going to be based on the newer and more up to date CD6 plateform and it should be. Besides that all it’s all bs and rumors
Sponsored

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
The reality is we really don’t know crap about the next gEN mustang. I still think it’s going to be based on the newer and more up to date CD6 plateform and it should be. Besides that all it’s all bs and rumors
It is not on CD6. This has been said numerous times since 2019, so it's not really fair to discount the perspectives of those of us who have already pointed this out long ago.

It's no longer rumor mill and just BSing. It's been confirmed a number of times, by several insiders, who are not gonna get on a megaphone and shout, "I WORK FOR FORD AND I AM LEAKING INFO I CAN GET FIRED FOR..."

If you don't know about it, doesn't negate those of us who do. You can wait until reveal and find out the truth, but I think we know already.

Last edited by a moderator:

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
That's almost disappointing to be honest that it's going to be just more of the same. Not saying that the Mustang is bad but it's gotten boring now. I did see on Ford Authority that Ford is testing a Charger Hellcat or something. Honestly it would be great if Ford did have a Charger-sized performance sedan in the Mustang family that had AWD (RWD based) and performance. Even without a V8 (although nothing beats a V8 rumble) Ford could easily take the 450hp/510 3.5L Ecoboost and mate it to a Tremec TR-9070 DCT with AWD and go toe-to-toe with the 392-Hemi, while the 3.0L 400hp/415tq 3.0L Ecoboost would be the equivalent of the Charger's 5.7L Hemi while at the bottom, the 350hp 2.3L Ecoboost would set the standard for performance. The 3.0L Hybrid already makes almost 500hp/630lb-ft of torque in the Aviator GT, what happens when you apply that kind of technology with the Ford GT supercar 3.5L V6 that already makes 660hp/550tq? While the formula may not be accurate, just with the math of the non hybrid 3.0L Ecoboost making 400hp/415tq and the hybrid making 494hp/630tq, that would put the 660hp/550tq ecoboost 3.5L at 754hp/765tq which nears the Hellcat Redeye's 797hp and passes its 707lb-ft of torque. Put the Hybrid Technology in the DCT and have the regular DCT and Hybrid DCT as the only two transmission options. Suspension packages from the GT PP1, GT PP2, GT350, Mach 1 and GT500 Mustang would work with the new vehicle and Brembo brake packages would obviously work along with the vehicle as well so what Ford would really need to focus on is the sound of these vehicles. The Ford GT supercar sounds pretty good and the new Raptor sounds decent but most other Ecoboost vehicles sound horrible so Ford would need to incorporate an exhaust that sounds good on this car. No Recaro seats (Dodge has way better seats than anything Recaro has ever offered), no huge vision obstructing Infotainment screens (make them wide, not tall) or any of that stuff. No rotary dial shifter (short console auto shifter w/paddle shift) and let that be it. Even if it's in the Mustang family, don't call it a Mustang, call it the Falcon. Granted it can have alot of Mustang DNA to it (fastback, coke bottle shape, etc.) but make it it's own car. Give it tail lights more like the full width ones on the '70 Torino, aero upgrades, ram air hoods, etc. Trim levels should be the 350hp Sport, the 400hp ST, 450hp XR6-T, the 500hp RS (hybrid) and the 754hp "R." Once Roush and Steeda get their hands on this vehicle along with Ford Performance, a car like this would definitely rival the Charger's supremacy on the streets.
I have a 2020 F150 LIMITED. The 2019 & the 2020 Limited came with the 3.5 Ecoboost Ho.. They came with the 450 h.p. & 510 torque.
Never been beat by any hemi or Chevy trucks. they are very fast off the line.
In a Mustang you could burn your tires off. The torque is outstanding.
The aluminum body would work very well on a Mustang.
Sponsored