• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How was your 2023 S650 year?

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
2023 is over in a couple of hours and I would like to know how satisfied you were with the 2023 year from a Mustang enthusiast perspective.

Yes, the S650 and the Dark Horse were presented in 2022 but were released in 2023. So looking back, how was your 2023?

For me it was unfortunately somewhat of a disappointment. I like the S650 styling but to me almost every number is bad or at least behind expectations... Hp, torque, 0-60, the price (especially the rumored ones for Europe), no HUD, optional AWD, Dark Horse convertible... Breaking on the DH seems phenomenal though.

Besides, I really hoped for more details on upcoming Shelby's or their successors... Although the GTE looks awesome and probably drives like crazy it's so out of reach for almost everyone it doesn't even qualify as a Halo car to me... You can't buy it, you can't drive it and it has nothing in common with the S650 except some styling clues...

Anyhow, reading most of the comments on 7g the vast majority of people seem rather satisfied with the year, which is great. I would like to hear your opinion on that.
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
couple hours? we still have 1 more day lol

2023 was an amazing year for the Mustang.

the S650 solved every major issue i had with the S550 (mainly the "Aston Martin we have at home" look) and finally pushed me over the edge of upgrading from my 2010 S197. sure coming from a S550 this may not be much of a change but i went from 315hp on a live axle to 486hp with Magneride IRS. combine that with the fact a lot of parts carry over from the S550 makes the S650 extremely modable right from the start. This mustang has checked every box from what i wanted from a modern V8 mustang

then theres the Dark Horse. While im not a big fan of the raccoon eyes, its clearly a worth successor to the Mach 1 boasting some seriously decent performance compared to the competition. Heres hoping we see a Dark Horse S actually be shown off in '24

Mustang from a motorsports standpoint as a whole again, this was a very stellar year. Ford took the Championship in the Nascar Cup series and Xfinity series. they also made a decent showing in the Aussie Supercars series, and have a lot of sportscars fans hyped for the first running of the GT3 at Daytona next month and to later see them try and repeat their 2016 success at LeMans. Combine that with the successor to the Ford GT being a Mustang really shows how far Ford has shoved the mustang up the pecking order in their performance division. We also cant forget about the Dark Horse R getting its own feeder series into IMSA next year as well, time will tell how successful that is but it shows Ford are seriously dedicated to this generation of Mustang.

some people might complain because tis gen didnt start with a Shelby like the S550 did, but imo it doesnt need to. The Mustang clearly stands on its own without the Shelby name around.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I'm still on the fence. Got mine in September after waiting 5 1/2 months. I love the looks of the car, and it's much easier to get in and out of than my Corvettes. Drove it for a couple of hundred miles and then things went south. Had an issue with it throwing every possible warning light and it wouldn't start. When I finally got it started and put it into gear, it died. I managed to get it started and keep it running, and drove it to my Ford dealer. They had it for a few days and replaced the Gateway Module. To be honest, it seems pretty slow after coming from a C7 Z06. I know. I know. It isn't a fair comparison, but it does seem slow. It's been fine since it was fixed and I had close to 900 miles on it before I put it into storage. Looking forward to the spring and putting some miles on it.

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
I’m loving mine, it finally arrived last week and I’ve already put 200 miles on it. The only issue I have with it is not being able to turn off the auto start/stop engine feature off completely but I’m sure a fix will come out sooner or later. The new interior upgrades are really great and it feels/drives way better than my 2019. Can’t wait for more parts to start releasing so I can start upgrading things hopefully soon
Sponsored