• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford's CEO Wants the Next Mustang to Be a Poster Car

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
For me, they've ALL been poster cars, including the SN95 and definitely the S197, despite what this writer thinks.

At first, it seems obvious that an executive would want his sports car to be poster-worthy. But keep in mind that Mustangs... have not always been poster-worthy. This might be a divisive take, but it must be said: Both the SN95 and S197 Mustangs were some of the plastickiest and cheapest looking Mustangs in recent memory. They looked like they were happiest sporting a set of chrome wheels and some dumb wing. The design was forgettable at best and clumsy at worst. Whenever I see one of these things I have to look away and try to forget they ever existed.

Her opinions aside, Jim Farley is a car guy like the rest of us.

Speaking to our own Kyle Cheromcha recently at Monterey Car Week, Farley wouldn't confirm whether or not the next Mustang will appear next year. But when asked if there are any broad Mustang goals that he would care to share at the moment, Farley responded, "For my kid to have it on his wall. Or on his phone"

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42160/fords-ceo-wants-next-the-mustang-to-be-a-poster-car
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
It was just a funny way to not give a real answer to the questions about the S650, nobody should make anything of this... 🙈

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2 >RXCAIL2
For me, they've ALL been poster cars, including the SN95 and definitely the S197, despite what this writer thinks.

At first, it seems obvious that an executive would want his sports car to be poster-worthy. But keep in mind that Mustangs... have not always been poster-worthy. This might be a divisive take, but it must be said: Both the SN95 and S197 Mustangs were some of the plastickiest and cheapest looking Mustangs in recent memory. They looked like they were happiest sporting a set of chrome wheels and some dumb wing. The design was forgettable at best and clumsy at worst. Whenever I see one of these things I have to look away and try to forget they ever existed.

Her opinions aside, Jim Farley is a car guy like the rest of us.

Speaking to our own Kyle Cheromcha recently at Monterey Car Week, Farley wouldn't confirm whether or not the next Mustang will appear next year. But when asked if there are any broad Mustang goals that he would care to share at the moment, Farley responded, "For my kid to have it on his wall. Or on his phone"

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42160/fords-ceo-wants-next-the-mustang-to-be-a-poster-car
Dead nuts on these models :SN95 and S197 Mustang . I have others in my mind but that's strictly a personal taste.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST in Triple Yellow
I grew up in the Fox body era and both the 5.0 GT and LX models had my attention.

It wasn’t until the S550 that the Mustang again got my attention.

-

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
A car worthy of being on a poster in a kid's bedroom. I'll admit, in the 80's, the posters in my bedroom were of the Lamborghini Countach, the Ferrari 308 GTS and the Ferrari 288 GTO :)
I know a lot of kids that had the Countach poster.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Exactly.

She doesn't look old enough to have "own memories" that are anything but recent.

Not being able to see the substance behind the style (which was right for the times) is her way of not having to admit anything good about either of those earlier generations.

Norm

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
As a child of the 80s, I remember the Mustang II, the fox bodies, etc. She is right, they were never great designs. The SN95 was good for the time, but only because it had been so bad previously. The Camaro was pretty bad, but I always thought the firebird beat all of them. Especially the last firehawk version. I mean, I liked the 97 T-bird, but a lot of people thought it was an ugly car.

Looks are subjective. we all like different things, and that's good.

I am hoping it can be poster worthy, and while some will always have it on their walls, I am hoping that it will appeal to car people in general, not just mustang people.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
This to me says they wanna take the mustang up market which isn’t a bad thing. But that comes with cost and possibly alienating the core idea of a mustang “aka being half way affordable” so more than likely you’ll probably see the mustang GT try to compete with the C8 corvette on a lap time/ performance metric and while doing it for 10k less. This next gEN mustang is either going to be a hot mess or really move units like the s550 did at launch.

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP Magneride Magnetic
How can can an opinion be wrong, unless it's presented as fact?

My opinion is the Pinto with the hood ornament posted by @EcoVert above IS poster worthy. And the SN95 looks like an updated Capri and I like it.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How can can an opinion be wrong, unless it's presented as fact?

My opinion is the Pinto with the hood ornament posted by @EcoVert above IS poster worthy. And the SN95 looks like an updated Capri and I like it.
Some opinions are objectively wrong. Like thinking Nickelback is a good band, or that McDonald's serves food. One is a band-like substance, fronted by a singing bowl of ramen. The other is a food-like substance, that you be better off substituting with ramen. Dry.

Saying the S197 looks bad is another example.

S650 Mustang Ford's CEO Wants the Next Mustang to Be a Poster Car 5o0jox
Sponsored