• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

“Next Gen” Mustang Will be Electric (EV) Only Claims Autoline

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defeats the purpose though. And, good luck averaging 120MPH across the country pulling that trailer.
Nah, that shell looks like it's got pretty good aero. If you can cannonball in a van, you can cannonball in a BEV pulling a mini-trailer.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
Until the electric car can be a competitor in the Cannonball run, I won't have much interest. I'm not spending an hour parked to drive another 200 miles.
How often do you anticipate doing a cannonball run?:inspect:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
You have electricity down there? :crackup:
I have to admit some of the anti EV comments I hear on here have made a little more sense now I realise just how dismal the US electricity supplies are in some states. A few on here probably don't realise that first world countries have stable and resilient electricity networks making EV's realistic !

Listening to the chap on the news blaming the problems in Texas on renewables was hilarious. He forgot to mention that the gas, oil and nuclear plants also went off grid and that plenty of cold countries have lots of wind and solar that works even in the winter. Even us hopeless Brits can make solar and wind work so where does that leave Texas ! :wink:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
It's not about how often, it's about having the option. Or the ability to do any long road trip. Or deal with any of life's many unexpected situations.
Exactly that. The convenience of being able to charge your EV at home and not having to find a fuel station is missed by many :wink:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Exactly that. The convenience of being able to charge your EV at home and not having to find a fuel station is missed by many :wink:
I like being able to drive 1,000-1,400 miles a day when driving cross country. Can't do that with an EV. Way to much stop and wait for my liking.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Listening to the chap on the news blaming the problems in Texas on renewables was hilarious. He forgot to mention that the gas, oil and nuclear plants also went off grid and that plenty of cold countries have lots of wind and solar that works even in the winter. Even us hopeless Brits can make solar and wind work so where does that leave Texas !
As someone who lives in an area that can be seriously impacted by weather (hurricanes) my heart goes out to everyone effected in Texas. But, as always, someone has to step up and blame someone, anyone else for another’s mistakes. Once this is all a
said and done there will be plenty of finger pointing going around. Heads are going to role, I hope.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have to admit some of the anti EV comments I hear on here have made a little more sense now I realise just how dismal the US electricity supplies are in some states. A few on here probably don't realise that first world countries have stable and resilient electricity networks making EV's realistic !

Listening to the chap on the news blaming the problems in Texas on renewables was hilarious. He forgot to mention that the gas, oil and nuclear plants also went off grid and that plenty of cold countries have lots of wind and solar that works even in the winter. Even us hopeless Brits can make solar and wind work so where does that leave Texas ! :wink:
if your wind and solar didn't work in the winter, you wouldn't have wind or solar. :giggle: Texas has air conditioners and ceiling fans figured out though.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I like being able to drive 1,000-1,400 miles a day when driving cross country. Can't do that with an EV. Way to much stop and wait for my liking.
And for this, EV’s have a way to go. They are not for everyone, yet. It wasn’t too long ago that 100 miles of range was considered fantastic. Than 200, 300, and now 400+. Let’s see what happens five years from now. Bet you’ll only have to stop once or twice and the recharge time will be in low minutes, not hours.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And the added joys of rolling blackouts every night :like:
And for this, EV’s have a way to go. They are not for everyone, yet. It wasn’t too long ago that 100 miles of range was considered fantastic. Than 200, 300, and now 400+. Let’s see what happens five years from now. Bet you’ll only have to stop once or twice and the recharge time will be in low minutes, not hours.
We're unfortunately reaching the limits of the chemistry though. We need the "next big thing" to be here now, not be 5-10 years away forever.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You clearly don't work even close to government. You underestimate their sheer stupidity. Just a civilian contractor for the army here and constantly see things like yesterday where government workers are telling us to go ahead with something that saves them 84 cents but will cost a couple thousand dollars to do so. And this isn't even surprising in the least due to this and worse happening almost daily.
Yep. Or need bolts stronger than grade x but grade x+1 is stronger than needed. Solution: pay for and suffer delays for custom made bolts 10 times the cost and inferior to the x+1.

I once wrote a proposal for a govt project with benefits X, Y, and Z. The legislature rejected it. Why? They didn't care (not didn't want, just didn't care) about Z. One said he would have authorized even more money if Z hadn't been mentioned in the proposal. Didn't care if Z happened, just didn't want it mentioned in case some voter might not want it. SMH. Couldn't just remove it because FOIA.

Almost forgot: AZ milk producers were convicted of price-fixing decades ago. Solution: fine them x million dollars and divvy it up to anyone who bought milk in a x year period based on how much milk they bought (don't ask how they calculated the amount of milk). One issue was the Attorney General's office refused to accept a solution that did not give each applicant the EXACT share they deserved. I was called in to break the impasse; in essence to convince them that its not possible to divide any amount of money equally among any number of people. The Assistant/Deputy AG insisted that was possible and refused to believe otherwise. So there we were: the Deputy AG, head of IT and myself. I took 5 pennies from my pocket, laid them on his desk and told him to divide it up equally between us.

Almost was fired for insubordination when I refused to pay more for inferior equipment. Nobody contested that the equipment wasn't MUCH less capable and reliable or that it didn't cost much more. But the best equipment could not be purchased because: a different department specced that same model equipment for a project that the legislature voted down. The fear was that any project that mentioned the same model equipment would be construed by some legislators as an end-around!
Sponsored