• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan Pricing Question

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150
My father who works for a company gets x plan pricing. I am wanting to use his pin but he lives in Texas while I live in Kansas. Different households.

It is my understanding that you need to be under the same lhousehold (verified by Drivers License) for him to gift his x plan pin. However, my dealer said if he co-signs on the loan with me, I can still get x plan pricing, but he would be a registered owner of the vehicle... meaning he is on the title.

Is there a way for him to co-sign without being an owner, or on the title? I don't want him to have to come up to Kansas every time I need to pay registration, taxes, etc. at the DMV. It would be a hassle to have to have both signatures on everything.

Can any dealer, or someone with personal experience chime in here? Would love the discounted pricing, but not as the cost of having to drag my father up to Kansas every time I need paperwork signed. TIA. Mods, please remove/move my post to the appropriate thread if need be.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Co-signing means he will own the loan as well.

You could refinance right away with just yourself to remove him from the loan.
Is there a limitation with Ford Credit on a certain amount of time before you can refinance? I have USAA & would like to refinance with them. Not sure if I would be penalized for refinancing so early

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Is there a limitation with Ford Credit on a certain amount of time before you can refinance? I have USAA & would like to refinance with them. Not sure if I would be penalized for refinancing so early
As far as I know you can refinance right away as long as there are no pre-payment penalties.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Just a couple thoughts:

Ford is pretty particular about the requirements of the X-Plan.

Generally the names on the loan and the title need to match. Just anyone who tried to get their name off of a financed vehicle after a divorce.

Do you expect to visit the DMV often? After the initial purchase/registration, I have been doing everything online for several years.

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a couple thoughts:

Ford is pretty particular about the requirements of the X-Plan.

Generally the names on the loan and the title need to match. Just anyone who tried to get their name off of a financed vehicle after a divorce.

Do you expect to visit the DMV often? After the initial purchase/registration, I have been doing everything online for several years.
No we can do it online in Kansas as well after the initial registration, but I will need his signature on everything every year I imagine.

It sounds like it is not worth the hassle to me at this point. I don't really want him there on the car buying process anyways, would drive me a little crazy lol

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
If you can wait 90 days, just buy a 1 year digital membership with Mustang Club of America and you can legitimately acquire X Plan on your own

The membership is only $35

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can wait 90 days, just buy a 1 year digital membership with Mustang Club of America and you can legitimately acquire X Plan on your own

The membership is only $35
I should've done this earlier in the process. My car has an ETA of 8/23.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
No we can do it online in Kansas as well after the initial registration, but I will need his signature on everything every year I imagine.

It sounds like it is not worth the hassle to me at this point. I don't really want him there on the car buying process anyways, would drive me a little crazy lol
He could give you power of attorney of his ownership of the car if need be

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He could give you power of attorney of his ownership of the car if need be
Eh I guess but it just sounds like more paperwork for a couple G's really. I appreciate the idea. I thought about him buying the car, and then selling it to me right after. But then lose the tax credit from my trade in.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Eh I guess but it just sounds like more paperwork for a couple G's really. I appreciate the idea. I thought about him buying the car, and then selling it to me right after. But then lose the tax credit from my trade in.
In Texas, nobody cares whose name is on the title when you pay the annual fees, do they really require that where you are?

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Texas, nobody cares whose name is on the title when you pay the annual fees, do they really require that where you are?
Sadly in Kansas vehicles are considered property and owners on the title must pay property tax each year. I would need both of our signatures every year
Sponsored