• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2020 F150 Limited
I need some advice.

On May 28 I went into my local Ford dealer where I've probably purchased 15 + vehicles over the years. The fleet manager who is also co-owner said he wouldn't give me X plan but said he'd give me invoice for the car and not gouge. At the time I thought this was fair enough as he was giving me their only allotted car. I have seen countless people here in the forums get X plan and I am really feeling cheated by my dealership. I also have been in talks with them about a 2015 F150 and he said without a doubt he'd give me X plan on that but didn't want to on the Mustang.

Now I'm headed there tomorrow to order the truck and use X plan and I really want to bring up how upset I am about him not giving me X on the mustang. Does he have the right to refuse x plan on the mustang when they obviously honor x plan and will give it to me on the F150? Do I have a leg to stand on? I don't really wanna ruin my relationship here but he's asking me to pay $3k more than I should have to.

Can I still get X plan at this point if it wasn't ordered that way from day one?

I though I read that me using x plan does not cost the dealership anything. As in they make the same profit from the sale either way. Is this true? I would like to know for sure so I can use this as ammunition in my defense.

Really but hurt about this and wonder what you guys who may have real experience with this think.

Please only responses with serious opinions not just saying to go somewhere else and get a car because at this point I sure don't want to go to the end of the line and start all over again......

Thanks in advance

Jaime
Sponsored

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
Jmeo,

From what I can tell, if they are willing to sell you the car at invoice, I would take it. X-plan will get you just over invoice, maybe a couple hundred bucks at most. So in this case, you would pretty much get x-plan pricing without the dealer actually using the program. I could be off base here, so others please chime in.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I need some advice.

The fleet manager who is also co-owner said he wouldn't give me X plan but said he'd give me invoice for the car and not gouge.

Do I have a leg to stand on? I don't really wanna ruin my relationship here but he's asking me to pay $3k more than I should have to.

Can I still get X plan at this point if it wasn't ordered that way from day one?

Thanks in advance

Jaime
Invoice is less than X-Plan. X-Plan=(Invoice-4%)+275. They can only charge you $100 Doc fee with X-Plan. I'm confused, did you type what you meant to say?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jmeo,

From what I can tell, if they are willing to sell you the car at invoice, I would take it. X-plan will get you just over invoice, maybe a couple hundred bucks at most. So in this case, you would pretty much get x-plan pricing without the dealer actually using the program. I could be off base here, so others please chime in.

The difference between build & price off regular website and X price build & price is just shy of $3,000.

I guess I shouldn't assume they gave me invoice, they gave me the same price build & price off regular Ford site comes up with.

Sorry for the confusion

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The difference between build & price off regular website and X price build & price is just shy of $3,000.

I guess I shouldn't assume they gave me invoice, they gave me the same price build & price off regular Ford site comes up with.

Sorry for the confusion
Yeah, the build and price uses MSRP. However, if you can get them to sell the car at invoice, way to go ... I'd jump on that in a heartbeat! Either way, hope it works out for ya :)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 Mustang X-Plan on New Mustang {filename}
S650 Mustang X-Plan on New Mustang {filename}

First picture is the print out I got from dealer.

Second is from X plan build & price

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I'd take invoice.:D
S650 Mustang X-Plan on New Mustang Price Compare

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, the build and price uses MSRP. However, if you can get them to sell the car at invoice, way to go ... I'd jump on that in a heartbeat! Either way, hope it works out for ya :)

Again I am sorry for using the wrong terminology. With your correction they were giving me MSRP not invoice.

As you an see that's almost $3,000 more than X price

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again I am sorry for using the wrong terminology. With your correction they were giving me MSRP not invoice.

As you an see that's almost $3,000 more than X price
All good. Hopefully you can work out a deal. Surely they would work something out vs. losing a sale.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

First picture is the print out I got from dealer.

Second is from X plan build & price
Sharp looking car Jmeo! It's cool that almost everyone in this area is ordering PP's.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All good. Hopefully you can work out a deal. Surely they would work something out vs. losing a sale.

I just have a feeling they will not budge and if I want to keep my order I'll have to eat the $3,000

Sharp looking car Jmeo! It's cool that almost everyone in this area is ordering PP's.

Thanks, it does seem to be popular. Honestly having modified many mustang I know how good of a deal it is and couldn't imagine not getting this option.

Thanks for your replies,

Jaime

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I ordered mine 7/15 and the dealer hemmed and hawed and wasn't sure about xplan yet... If they won't do xplan for me, should I cancel and start the process over at a new dealer to save $1129?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine 7/15 and the dealer hemmed and hawed and wasn't sure about xplan yet... If they won't do xplan for me, should I cancel and start the process over at a new dealer to save $1129?

We have the same dilemma but for me it's almost $3k!

Not sure what I will do but good luck to you.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
There are lots of dealers taking X-Plan, so I'd suggest you may as well find one that will take it. Retail orders aren't going to be scheduled for a while yet.

You may ask the dealer not just if they take X-Plan, but also how many outstanding Mustang orders they have. You may want to pick one with lower orders so you don't get behind more people than you have to.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Just how much approximately is Xplan going to save me if my base EB MSRP is $26440 without xplan?
The closest I could get was $ 26445 MSRP = $ 25316 X-Plan = $1129 Saved.
Sponsored