• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wheel Offsets for New Mustang to get best fitment?

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Hello All!
I saw a thread about this very topic from quite a few months ago and reading through it all it seems no answer was concluded. Cannot find anything online about what the stock wheel offsets are on the new stang. Wondering if anyone can help me since I plan on getting RTR Tech 5 wheels and their offsets listed are only showing positive offsets, even though i want it to be nearly if completely flush without spacers.

For reference I have a GT Premium with the upgraded GT PP1 Aluminum 20" wheels with 265 tires. I also have the brembo package installed! It is a tight fit. Any ideas how to help me?

Thanks!

S650 Mustang Wheel Offsets for New Mustang to get best fitment? Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 12.47.43 PM
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
If thats the wheel you are interested in, there's plenty of pictures of that wheel on the S650.
If you think you need a +0 offset, you are mistaken. You would have a mess on your hands.
Play around with this calculator, and you'll get a better understanding of what you need/want.
https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

OP
OP
Cars And Shenanigans

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
If thats the wheel you are interested in, there's plenty of pictures of that wheel on the S650.
If you think you need a +0 offset, you are mistaken. You would have a mess on your hands.
Play around with this calculator, and you'll get a better understanding of what you need/want.
https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator
I would love to but the problem is that I currently do not know the current wheels offset. Is there sokewhere on the tire/ wheel where I can see that? or a website that states it for that specific wheel? or am I goijg to have to measure it myself so i can find out how much of a difference I need?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I would love to but the problem is that I currently do not know the current wheels offset. Is there sokewhere on the tire/ wheel where I can see that? or a website that states it for that specific wheel? or am I goijg to have to measure it myself so i can find out how much of a difference I need?
So first off to answer your question: if they're the same as the S550 20" wheel they'll be at +42.5.

Secondly, to help you understand what you're asking about, offset is the difference between the inside hub face of the wheel ie where the bolts go and the centerline of the wheel itself. Positive offset brings the wheels inward, negative will bring them outwards. The RTR wheels are wider than the standard 20s you have so you'll want more offset to bring that extra rubber in to keep that flush appearance.

OP
OP
Cars And Shenanigans

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
So first off to answer your question: if they're the same as the S550 20" wheel they'll be at +42.5.

Secondly, to help you understand what you're asking about, offset is the difference between the inside hub face of the wheel ie where the bolts go and the centerline of the wheel itself. Positive offset brings the wheels inward, negative will bring them outwards. The RTR wheels are wider than the standard 20s you have so you'll want more offset to bring that extra rubber in to keep that flush appearance.
Yes thank you. pretty sure they are the same! I want to go 10.5 wide so I can put 295-305’s on there but then what about if I want it to be flush? So right now with it being let’s say what you state at 42.5, getting the RTR’s at +45 mm wouldn’t that just push my wheel in more? Like make it even less flush? So really I would want to get +40 maybe? But they don’t have that option so maybe with the wider rim it becomes flush?
I wonder if I can get a custom order placed like I just did for my 72 F100 with another company.

S650 Mustang Wheel Offsets for New Mustang to get best fitment? IMG_7539

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
double checked the website, all non-forged RTR wheels minus the aero5 run 33/45 offsets so if you want to know what your fitment will look like you can just Google images and you'll be right on,

from factory the cars tend to be a little bit tucked anyway but for some quick math
You're going from a 9 to a 10.5 rim which is a 1.5 difference overall or .75 on each side, .75in = 19mm wider on the 10.5s. Outside edge. The rtrs are at a 45mm offset as compared to the 42.5mm of the oems. Difference of 2.5mm so 19-2.5=16.5mm or .6 inches outward from where the wheel is now.

OP
OP
Cars And Shenanigans

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
double checked the website, all non-forged RTR wheels minus the aero5 run 33/45 offsets so if you want to know what your fitment will look like you can just Google images and you'll be right on,

from factory the cars tend to be a little bit tucked anyway but for some quick math
You're going from a 9 to a 10.5 rim which is a 1.5 difference overall or .75 on each side, .75in = 19mm wider on the 10.5s. Outside edge. The rtrs are at a 45mm offset as compared to the 42.5mm of the oems. Difference of 2.5mm so 19-2.5=16.5mm or .6 inches outward from where the wheel is now.
Thank you for breaking that down, I wasn't sure what the math would be, it seemed from a glance I would be getting the wider tire but it would be moved in but now that I see the math it makes sense that it would be pushed out. I will take a look at the pictures! Thank you so much I will try to remember to post here once I do wheels! This helped my plans in getting ready to make a budget!

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red

Thank you for breaking that down, I wasn't sure what the math would be, it seemed from a glance I would be getting the wider tire but it would be moved in but now that I see the math it makes sense that it would be pushed out. I will take a look at the pictures! Thank you so much I will try to remember to post here once I do wheels! This helped my plans in getting ready to make a budget!
I don't see where you've mentioned trying to run this square, but just be aware I don't think this setup will work on the front due to strut clearance. Assuming the stock wheel is 9" with a +42.5 offset, then going to a 10.5" with a +45 offset is going to bring the inside of the wheel 22mm (roughly 7/8") toward the strut. Yes the wheel will push .6 inches outward from the stock wheel, but it's going to be almost .9 inches inward as well. The increased offset brings the centerline of the wheel inside. This of course only considers the wheel, it will vary based on the actual tire width. You could run that wheel on the front if you add a spacer.

Last edited:

Chewdude07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp
Piggybacking off this thread. I just ordered 19x10.5 squared tech mesh +45. I currently have kw v1 coilovers. Wonder if I can run this set up with 295 35 19 with either a 1/8 “ spacer or none at all. This is for a 16 gt also, but I believe it’s almost the same if not exactly. Thank you for any input.
Sponsored

Last edited: