• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What's your favourite S650 photo so far?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am still so "obsessed" trying to figure out if the rear quarter windows are indeed exact carryover or are they shaped differently. Some claim it is exactly the same. But, I study photos and it looks like the bottom sweeps up more sharply.

318744945_10104538994091672_2725620926864961706_n.jpg
I truly believe that once people start getting their hands on these cars, it will turn out they are way more different from the S550 than many think.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I truly believe that once people start getting their hands on these cars, it will turn out they are way more different from the S550 than many think.
I believe youā€™re correct. But does it really matter? Itā€™s still the same basic S550 look. I think the greenhouse is a little taller on the 650 also. Looks like someone pulled or stretched an S550 roof in photoshop.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I believe youā€™re correct. But does it really matter? Itā€™s still the same basic S550 look. I think the greenhouse is a little taller on the 650 also. Looks like someone stretched an S550 roof in photoshop.
Oh, absolutely not. Doesnā€™t matter in the end. Thereā€™s a certain shape thatā€™s expected on this type of vehicle, and *many* examples out there of just that. Some are stretched here or there, but mostly the same in the end. But I have been seeing the complaint from the evening of the reveal how so many parts are carryover from S550 and I will place my bet that is not so accurate. I do think more time and effort were put into this car than many initially thought. That carryover cup holder? Look again. Just like the supposed ā€œcarryoverā€ quarter windows and rear glass. Similar but not the same.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Totally agree with you! I can't wait to see both up close in person.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
I believe youā€™re correct. But does it really matter? Itā€™s still the same basic S550 look. I think the greenhouse is a little taller on the 650 also. Looks like someone pulled or stretched an S550 roof in photoshop.
The designers said they lowered the beltline of the S650 by like 3/of an inch... so it makes sense that our eyes see subtle changes. The windows of the S650 are ever so slightly bigger. They claimed to allow more room for heads with helmets on.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The windows of the S650 are ever so slightly bigger. They claimed to allow more room for heads with helmets on.
This claim has been twisted since the opening media day because I thought the same. If you read Fordā€™s presser, they explicitly state that they improved ā€œingress/egress with a helmet on,ā€ which is about as vague as you could possibly be. They say nothing about improved occupancy headroom. Iā€™ve scrutinized the rooflines and overlayed transparent photos and shit looks identical, so I can only assume they tweaked the headliner or lowered the seating position, or did something super vague.

As far as the roof looking taller, I know it seems silly, but the little shark fin antenna really messes with the silhouette. If you shop it out, it makes the roofline look identical to the 550

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
This claim has been twisted since the opening media day because I thought the same. If you read Fordā€™s presser, they explicitly state that they improved ā€œingress/egress with a helmet on,ā€ which is about as vague as you could possibly be. They say nothing about improved occupancy headroom. Iā€™ve scrutinized the rooflines and overlayed transparent photos and shit looks identical, so I can only assume they tweaked the headliner or lowered the seating position, or did something super vague.

As far as the roof looking taller, I know it seems silly, but the little shark fin antenna really messes with the silhouette. If you shop it out, it makes the roofline look identical to the 550
I canā€™t wait for someone to measure the windows. I donā€™t believe this to be an optical illusion, rather a result of a design change.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Roofline is basically the same height. The beltline was dropped a little bit.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Definitely more tapered on the 650
...why are we using a real picture with two crappy renders for comparison lol?

Also...for the love of GOD, nobody ever call that thing "DLO" or "DayLight Opening". It's a freakin' rear quarter window lol. That was one of Ford's hilariously overplayed marketing gimmics and overused terms from the S550 launch...it's a freakin' rear quarter window lol. I mean, if you want to sound like a total loser...go to a car meet and brag about your "Day/Light Opening" šŸ‘Œ

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

Also...for the love of GOD, nobody ever call that thing "DLO" or "DayLight Opening". It's a freakin' rear quarter window lol. That was one of Ford's hilariously overplayed marketing gimmics and overused terms from the S550 launch...it's a freakin' rear quarter window lol. I mean, if you want to sound like a total loser...go to a car meet and brag about your "Day/Light Opening" šŸ‘Œ
Is this in reference to what someone said in this thread? šŸ˜‚

DLO is a universal term in the industry that just refers to the entire shape of the window setup and anything related to it graphically.

The whole quarter window vs. DLO thing is like calling a dollar currency. But I think the only people ā€œbragging about DLOsā€ at car meets would be social autists, whereas itā€™s totally normal verbiage to use in a forum

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

DLO refers to the window opening as a whole. Not just the rear glass. To each their own, design is my jam, so I can't get enough of the lingo. But I get where you're coming from. With me, it's engineering speak that I can't stand.

Take engines for instance, I can tolerate discussions on things like displacement and NA vs forced induction. But when people start walking about compression ratios and ignition timing it just bores me to tears.

To be fair, that's because like everyone on my father's side of the family is an engineer. So I had to hear about it a lot when I was younger. It seems like it can be an enjoyable career path, just not for me. For instance, my grandfather loved spending virtually his entire career developing propulsion systems for the original Boeing 737,747,757,and 767.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
DLO refers to the window opening as a whole. Not just the rear glass. To each their own, design is my jam, so I can't get enough of the lingo. But I get where you're coming from. With me, it's engineering speak that I can't stand.

Take engines for instance, I can tolerate discussions on things like displacement and NA vs forced induction. But when people start walking about compression ratios and ignition timing it just bores me to tears.

To be fair, that's because like everyone on my father's side of the family is an engineer. So I had to hear about it a lot when I was younger. It seems like it can be an enjoyable career path, just not for me. For instance, my grandfather loved spending virtually his entire career developing propulsion systems for the original Boeing 737,747,757,and 767.
I know, I know, I know...but it's like walking into Starbucks and ordering a "Venti Carmel Mochiato" lol. No man can speak that way without sounding like a total doof. It's a freaking window lol.

But you're likely right, however somebody needs to post the S650 rear glass "easter egg"...here we go again...showing the roofline silhouettes of all 7 generations. Gens 6 and 7 are too close to split hairs over, but I wanna say you're right and those outlines would prove it.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Is it a trigger or something? Lmao

Why use many word when few word do trick
I was just joking. I donā€™t care what anyone calls it, but I havenā€™t really ever heard it used on a forum before.
Sponsored