• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What Should Come Standard Across All Mustangs Going Forward?

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Besides safety tech and a minimum 8" touchscreen/infotainment, at the moment I can't think of anything that isn't technically considered a luxury/option at this time. It probably doesn't help that I just woke up a short while ago, even after considering making this thread since last night.

What I'd like to see
360-degree cameras and/or dashcam
Active Exhaust (if the traditional Mustang eventually goes full EV, this could become "Synthesized Engine Soundtrack" for those who'd prefer not to drive in complete silence)
Spare tire AND spray tire repair kit
Enhanced Security Package
Selectable drive modes (maybe add an Eco mode? šŸ˜)

What would be nice to have, but can't see coming as standard
Ambient color
Nice surround sound system
Ala carte exterior/interior/trim colors (within reason)
Active suspension on non-performance-focused Mustangs (would they stick with calling it MagneRide?)
Dual or tri-zone A/C
Drive modes/exhaust modes selectable from the steering wheel
Heated/Ventilated seats, even on cloth seats

"Old School" equipment I'd keep standard
Side mirrors with integrated blind spot mirror
Manual control seats (I like my electric seats, but are they essential for a standard Mustang?)
Analog gauges
All-Season tires

I may add more to this list later if this thread picks up steam. We'll see.

(Kind of random thought, if the Mustang got suicide doors like older trucks got before four full-sized doors became the standard, would it technically be no longer classified as a coupe/sports car?)
Sponsored

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I know Iā€™ve said it many times already, but I wish the car would stay in the mode I set it to. Maybe some backup sensors in the rear bumper, and a spare tire. Other than that Iā€™m happy with the car as is.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
360 camera
Head-Up (optional)
Tremec for the regular GT (optional)
Quad-exhaust
active valves /exhaust
new steering wheel (flattened, better materials and round drive mode buttons etc (AMG-style) and of couse optional to keep the base price low)
AWD (optional)
hard top and speedster option for the convertible

I'm uncertain about acoustic glass... it's a very nice feature for daily driving but I don't want a "modern AMG" experience where the car and the exhaust are so quite that it's almost unrecognizable...

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
I definitely DONT want all that 360 camera & sensor package standard; itā€™s ridiculous and out of character for a performance GT car. Optional is where is should stayā€¦
Wouldnā€™t mind a HUD or some of those neat Mach E style door handles tho. A sport-bike/Ferrari style cluster would also be cool. Half digital speedo with info screen and the other half an old school analog tach. Would also love to see the car shrink in length to the size of a Supra.

Tysonren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Stinger
I would like to see a convertible hard top.
A larger 'tesla style' screen.
Targa top or big sunroof.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
maybe not standard, but the heads up display from Lincoln should come as at least an option.

OP
OP
BoostRabbitGT

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Maybe this question is better asked in the 6G forums, but is the Tremec an easier transmission to learn how to drive manual as basically a newcomer than the MT-82? Or could it be that my leg(s) is too short to press the clutch pedal all the way down from my optimal seating position?

I would think having the Tremec as the default manual transmission for the entire Mustang lineup would be nice for newcomers and veterans alike.
Sponsored