• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters?

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Exactly what the title says: what if we got more than a Foxbody callback? With a digital gauge cluster, there's so many opportunities for new gauge clusters. We could get updates, like you would your phone or computer, with new gauges. (Or they're made paid DLC like a video game cosmetic) I see nobody talking about this, but I am super excited for the possibilities here. So excited, that I decided to take my rusty Photoshop skills from the closet (which I haven't used since high school, please go easy on me) and get to making some of my own. Here's some of what I've made so far, with some explanations below each type:
S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? 2024 with 1967
S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? 2024 with Modern 1967

2 examples of the 1967-1968 Mustang Gauge Cluster. Probably my favorite, and I think it would work really well. I could see Ford not using a chrome look in the gauges, so I figured making the flatter, more boring one would give me (and you) a better idea of what they'd likely do.
S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? 2024 with 1966
S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? Modern 1966

These 2 are based of the late 1965-1966 Mustang. Same reason as mentioned above for why there are two. I actually don't mind the modern 66 one as much as I do the 67.
S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? 2024 with 1965(1)
S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? 2024 with 1965 r
S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? 2024 with Modern 1965

These 3 are based on the 1965 Falcon. It was used in the 1964.5 and early 1965 Mustangs too, likely because of part shortages and the Mustang being a Falcon at heart. Back then, you could get an option for a Rally Pac, which gave you the tach and clock. I figured it would be nice to add on, and I'd hope it's present if Ford were to make these.
S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? 2024 with 1969

This is the 1969 Mustang cluster. I think this one looks really slick, and I could totally see myself using one of these.
S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? 2024 with 1940 F1

Here's a fun one. This is a 1940 Ford F1 truck cluster. Nothing really special about this one, it didn't take much time to make at all, and it shows it. Definitely unique though, and I doubt Ford would use this.
S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? 2024 with 2003 SVT

S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? 2024 with 2011

These are my last two, being a 2003 SVT Cobra and S197 based clusters respectively. And I'm sure you can also tell that I just shopped the digits onto the existing Foxbody cluster. These also didn't take very long, and it once again shows. Especially on the white accessory gauges on the SVT one. I did also experiment with possible MyColor options on the S197 one, as I'm sure you can tell.
S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? Foxbody Aux Gauges

Finally, this is a little idea I had while finishing up some of these clusters today: they mentioned putting auxiliary gauges on the 2nd screen, but what if those could be themed around a classic cluster too? So here is a super crappy Photoshop job of the Foxbody cluster with the Foxbody center control stack gizmos. (specifically in the LX trim, iirc) An oldschool-looking radio, clock, and other miscellaneous info on the 2nd screen to match the selected gauge cluster would be super cool! I may work on these more if you guys would like to see that.

That's all I'm going to share for now. Constructive criticism always welcome. If you want me to make one based on your favorite car, let me know. I do plan to make more (and clean up some of the others I haven't shared here) down the road.

Edit: I see the forum doesn't like to load all the photos, and not always in the right order either. So here is an imgur link with all of them and which car model they are derived from:

S650 Mustang What if there were more Classic Gauge Clusters? 2024 with 1967
Sponsored

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I had the same idea. Why stop at the Foxbody? It's minimal effort and can give customers a more immersive and unique interior.
Give us some options Ford, @Apeman provided some excellent examples.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I think you did a great job. And yes digital screens allow for gauges and meters we haven't seen yet

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great work, and I really hope Ford implements something like this if/when S650 gets a refresh!

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great work, and I really hope Ford implements something like this if/when S650 gets a refresh!
Why wait for the refresh? The car isn't even out yet, and there's a good chance it already has the technology in it to take updates to the software. Plus, they teased about adding more in the horsepower trailer drop, so I'm sure it's coming in some form.

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
When Audi introduced the digital gauge cluster for the Audi TT in like 2014, I had really high hopes how many possibilities this technology might have. Things like displaying the navigation map in the gauges were awesome. Nowadays digital gauges became the standard and yet 99% of the cars just have the basic features we always had, just displayed a bit more fancy.

Having customizable gauges with multiple layouts, themes, etc would be awesome, but I highly doubt we will ever see something like this.

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
This is probably the best thread I have seen so far!!

FORD, please take my money and give me the 1965 or 1966 optional guages as a download...

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
I thought the same thing. They have a great avenue. Hopefully they dont pull a BMW/toyota style move and make you pay for others.

Or you buy a 24 and the 25 comes out with 3 new options. 🤣 This could be nice with OTA ability.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Having customizable gauges with multiple layouts, themes, etc would be awesome, but I highly doubt we will ever see something like this.
I agree. People tend to oversimplify what is required to add just one other cluster layout. It's actually quite a bit of work and like with any company nowadays IT resources are limited and 'just for fun' projects go to the bottom of the priority list.

That being said it would be interesting to see how many extra sales Ford could generate with adding a classic 60's cluster layout. It certainly would generate publicity. Perhaps they already have it on the shelf and are saving it for when the first novelty has worn off.
Sponsored