• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Well, this took an interesting turn...

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Congrats! That’s called a come-up. I’d go for a ZL1 1LE myself, but I prefer N/A (unless it’s a Vette).

You dodged a bullet!
Sponsored

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
Congrats! That’s called a come-up. I’d go for a ZL1 1LE myself, but I prefer N/A (unless it’s a Vette).

You dodged a bullet!
Thanks! I'm just hoping that it isn't too fast to the point to where its not fun (without going 150), as dumb as that sounds LOL. The old saying.. " 's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slow". I have had some seat time in the C7 Z06 and I thought that car was a blast, whereas my Charger Hellcat was fun but it wasn't fun enough.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
Or the fact that are hard as hell to see out of! Field of vision is terrible! They look nice though on the outside.
Idk where you get this from. Either you’ve never driven one, or you have and your just 5 foot 4. I’ve owned 3 Camaros, not an issue to see out of.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my GT fully loaded, then just like you , started shopping around for fun, and found a 23 SS1LE. Same amount of car that my 24 GT FULLY LOADED would’ve been but 6k cheaper and I like the look of the Chevy track package over fords performance pack

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd own a Camaro, if it was not for the terrible interiors.
I mean ford interiors have been shit for a while now also. Took them forever to get a digital cluster, that stupid little calculator radio screen, that huge circle non flat bottom steering wheel and sync tech is garbage

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my GT fully loaded, then just like you , started shopping around for fun, and found a 23 SS1LE. Same amount of car that my 24 GT FULLY LOADED would’ve been but 6k cheaper and I like the look of the Chevy track package over fords performance pack
nice! Which color did you get? 6 speed?

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apples to apples, the Camaros are geared a bit more towards the track whereas the Mustangs are geared a bit more towards daily driving (referring to a GT vs an SS, for example). Camaro handling is sharper/more precise and the power train is a touch more responsive imo. I enjoy both cars but that is how I would review them.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean ford interiors have been shit for a while now also. Took them forever to get a digital cluster, that stupid little calculator radio screen, that huge a lot circle non flat bottom steering wheel and sync tech is garbage
sh
nice! Which color did you get? 6 speed?
Sharkskin metallic and yes 6 speed. Was pissed because I got to the dealership and the hood wasn’t wrapped, they end up sending me to a shop that does wraps and paid for it

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I support anyone who votes with their wallet and appreciate that you won't tolerate the MT82.

Still holding out for an S650 test drive here; not in a "buy sight unseen" kind of mood with the info we've got so far, so springing for a ZL1 at roughly similar pricing is a no brainer if it checks your boxes. Congrats!

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Apples to apples, the Camaros are geared a bit more towards the track whereas the Mustangs are geared a bit more towards daily driving (referring to a GT vs an SS, for example). Camaro handling is sharper/more precise and the power train is a touch more responsive imo. I enjoy both cars but that is how I would review them.
You’re not wrong. When my PP was sitting on factory suspension, no magneride, it couldn’t hang with the SS. Those damn Camaros just seem to stick to the track.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
sh

Sharkskin metallic and yes 6 speed. Was pissed because I got to the dealership and the hood wasn’t wrapped, they end up sending me to a shop that does wraps and paid for it
From your posts, sounds like you're going to hate your car. Congrats?

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Idk where you get this from. Either you’ve never driven one, or you have and your just 5 foot 4. I’ve owned 3 Camaros, not an issue to see out of.
I’ve driven one, and I’m not a midget. Compared to other sports cars, the field of vision sucks.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve driven one, and I’m not a midget. Compared to other sports cars, the field of vision sucks.
Never said you were a dwarf, dwarfs can’t be 5foot4.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I support anyone who votes with their wallet and appreciate that you won't tolerate the MT82.

Still holding out for an S650 test drive here; not in a "buy sight unseen" kind of mood with the info we've got so far, so springing for a ZL1 at roughly similar pricing is a no brainer if it checks your boxes. Congrats!
I’m also curious to drive an S650, to see if Ford has made any big improvements. I also want to see the car in person. I know I’ll either like it much more, or much less, than I do now lol. Most cars it’s difficult to really get a feel for them by only seeing photos.
Sponsored