• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Well, this took an interesting turn...

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
For me the quality comparison is this: Which can i drive the most comfortably. And it's never been the Camaro. Ever, it hurts my back šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I do think the Mustang quality is better than the Camaro for me personally.

But i mean, that's why I am ordering a Mustang and not the Camaro šŸ˜…

Editing to clarify, I am specifically referring to driving comfort quality not performance
Ahh, got it. Yeah I would agree with that. It isnā€™t that the Camaro is uncomfortable (for me) but Iā€™d say the mustang would have the slight edge overall.
Sponsored

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I agree. In terms of performance, the ZL1 is really in a totally different category. It does make either one the ā€œbetterā€ far but a ZL1 was never meant to be a DH of GT competitor, just as a GT500 doesnā€™t compete against a Camaro SS.
I think you're doing the right thing. Getting a last ZL1 for a price you wanted? No brainer. If you don't like it in a few years you can still get a new Mustang. That's all there is to it.

And I came from a HC too. Actually turned down the PCP narrow body I ordered when it hit the dealer lot. It would have been my daily driver, and I just don't have the energy anymore to worry about that thing whenever I park outside of the garage.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you're doing the right thing. Getting a last ZL1 for a price you wanted? No brainer. If you don't like it in a few years you can still get a new Mustang. That's all there is to it.

And I came from a HC too. Actually turned down the PCP narrow body I ordered when it hit the dealer lot. It would have been my daily driver, and I just don't have the energy anymore to worry about that thing whenever I park outside of the garage.
That was in my thinking as well. Again, the resale should be good (better than ever once discontinued). So worst case is I get out of it and into something else if needed. The opportunity for the mustang will be here for quite some time, maybe different build options, but the option to order a new one will be there. That cannot be said for a new ZL1. Realistically even right now to order a ZL1 (and have a great chance of getting it) is a fairly slim chance.

Theft should absolutely be a concern with a Hellcat in certain areas, especially for a daily. I think youā€™ll enjoy the DH enough!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
That was in my thinking as well. Again, the resale should be good (better than ever once discontinued). So worst case is I get out of it and into something else if needed. The opportunity for the mustang will be here for quite some time, maybe different build options, but the option to order a new one will be there. That cannot be said for a new ZL1. Realistically even right now to order a ZL1 (and have a great chance of getting it) is a fairly slim chance.

Theft should absolutely be a concern with a Hellcat in certain areas, especially for a daily. I think youā€™ll enjoy the DH enough!
I had killswitch, secondary tracking, neutral pull cover, and dumb steering wheel lock - everything short of drone mobile and compustar. We went to one of my kid's annual camps last week and I remember a few years ago getting there early to scope out the seemingly most secure spot yet still being paranoid having the HC parked out there. This year we drove the subaru SUV and I just swerved into the 1st open spot. Didn't give it a second thought while were away.

If something happens with my DH, then I'll just start driving something that cosmetically looks crappy but will be a sleeper. Maybe get one of those patina wraps done.

Props to you on the ZL1. I seriously looked too, just didn't fall in the rabbit hole of contacting dealers. Getting burned out on having to call out the ADM BS. I think you'll enjoy it even more since you've already had a recent gen Camaro and weren't turned off by what others might consider negatives

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Awesome! Big congrats.

We don't get them over here and for the price they must be a steal(I have not driven one obviously) according to alla reviews I have seen and read.

As much as I like the Mustang the ZL1 with similar pricing is just great value specially from a drivers cars perspective.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
I'm sure that I will get flamed by many (and I'm not saying that I wouldn't do the same :devil:), but I'd like to stick around here for a bit. I'm still excited about the new Mustang and can't wait for you guys to start taking delivery, seeing photos & sharing your thoughts on the cars.

Having said that... I really turned my car world upside down last week LOL. I've increasingly heard how difficult Camaro's are to get and that it is coming down to the end of the line, in terms of getting a new one. There are only 6 months of production remaining, period. I had a '17 2SS 6 speed a few years ago and really enjoyed the car. Deep down I'm not thrilled at ALL the the GT's do not come with the Tremec transmission; there is simply no excuse and its almost embarrassing. I'm also a bit nervous that the power may not be stupid enough to keep me occupied. (reminder I came from a Hellcat - no pitch forks please)

Anyway, I began shopping for fun at first.. then I was making offers to dealers before I knew it. I finally landed on one that is allocated to be produced late next month, which would be about the same as my Mustang order. It will be the last '23 ZL1 that the dealer will ever receive, 6 speed of course. I reserved the Camaro and told the Mustang dealer that my order is fair game. I thought it over for days and I think/hope this is the correct choice. I truly didn't want to give up on my Mustang order but I can't keep them all.

So I went from this (without evening having the car yet LOL)

Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 4.06.32 PM.png

to this
Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 4.04.28 PM.png

Again, can't wait to hear & see some of these ponies come in!šŸ»
I understand what you are looking to get. I was on the fence about the Camaro. I was interested in the collector edition package, but they are only making 2000 of them and 300 for the ZL1 trim in the US market. Checked with my local Chevy dealer asking how many Camaros they might get not counting the collector edition package, they never got back to me and the same day I got the email from FORD with my VIN and build date.. So that somewhat makes my decision.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had killswitch, secondary tracking, neutral pull cover, and dumb steering wheel lock - everything short of drone mobile and compustar. We went to one of my kid's annual camps last week and I remember a few years ago getting there early to scope out the seemingly most secure spot yet still being paranoid having the HC parked out there. This year we drove the subaru SUV and I just swerved into the 1st open spot. Didn't give it a second thought while were away.

If something happens with my DH, then I'll just start driving something that cosmetically looks crappy but will be a sleeper. Maybe get one of those patina wraps done.

Props to you on the ZL1. I seriously looked too, just didn't fall in the rabbit hole of contacting dealers. Getting burned out on having to call out the ADM BS. I think you'll enjoy it even more since you've already had a recent gen Camaro and weren't turned off by what others might consider negatives
Yeah, you can do all of the preventative measures but at the end of the day if someone wants the car..theyā€™re going to get it imo. I wouldnā€™t eat a car thatā€™s had attempted theft and been repaired either, so itā€™s really a loss in any situation. I was never terribly paranoid about theft (for most cases) but I would think twice about parking outside overnight in a hotel lot, etc. Same went for the TRX.
I think the ZL1 will definitely be fun - Iā€™m not sure how it wouldnā€™t be. šŸ˜Ž Hopefully you donā€™t have to go from 0-jail in it to have a good time. That was one of my complaints with the Hellcat. It was fun but you really had to be in the gas for it..I think the automatic transmission had a lot to do with that.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Big congrats.

We don't get them over here and for the price they must be a steal(I have not driven one obviously) according to alla reviews I have seen and read.

As much as I like the Mustang the ZL1 with similar pricing is just great value specially from a drivers cars perspective.
The price is certainly difficult to beat if youā€™re looking at performance per dollar. Then again, this could be said for many domestic muscle/sports cars.

The ZL1 is basically super car level performance for less than $100k. Hell, I mean look at the price of the DHā€™s especially.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand what you are looking to get. I was on the fence about the Camaro. I was interested in the collector edition package, but they are only making 2000 of them and 300 for the ZL1 trim in the US market. Checked with my local Chevy dealer asking how many Camaros they might get not counting the collector edition package, they never got back to me and the same day I got the email from FORD with my VIN and build date.. So that somewhat makes my decision.
I guarantee many of the ā€˜24 ZL1ā€™s were spoken for before the order banks even opened. I think they will be very difficult to get. Getting a new ā€˜23 (right now) is difficult enough already.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Yeah, yellow on basically any vehicle is a tougher sell.

I donā€™t understand the quality thing at all, unless youā€™ve only been in a lower trim. But then you think the mustang is acceptable.lol. Iā€™d say the higher trims of both models are comparable.
it would be nice if the Mustang had the HUD.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Agreed!! I just was saying yesterday that was one thing I had missed from my ā€˜17 Camaro.
I was contemplating the Camaro but my wife told me I couldnā€™t jump ship and if I did it could not sit in the driveway. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Sponsored