• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Well, this took an interesting turn...

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
I'm sure that I will get flamed by many (and I'm not saying that I wouldn't do the same :devil:), but I'd like to stick around here for a bit. I'm still excited about the new Mustang and can't wait for you guys to start taking delivery, seeing photos & sharing your thoughts on the cars.

Having said that... I really turned my car world upside down last week LOL. I've increasingly heard how difficult Camaro's are to get and that it is coming down to the end of the line, in terms of getting a new one. There are only 6 months of production remaining, period. I had a '17 2SS 6 speed a few years ago and really enjoyed the car. Deep down I'm not thrilled at ALL the the GT's do not come with the Tremec transmission; there is simply no excuse and its almost embarrassing. I'm also a bit nervous that the power may not be stupid enough to keep me occupied. (reminder I came from a Hellcat - no pitch forks please)

Anyway, I began shopping for fun at first.. then I was making offers to dealers before I knew it. I finally landed on one that is allocated to be produced late next month, which would be about the same as my Mustang order. It will be the last '23 ZL1 that the dealer will ever receive, 6 speed of course. I reserved the Camaro and told the Mustang dealer that my order is fair game. I thought it over for days and I think/hope this is the correct choice. I truly didn't want to give up on my Mustang order but I can't keep them all.

So I went from this (without evening having the car yet LOL)

S650 Mustang Well, this took an interesting turn... Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 4.06.32 PM

to this
S650 Mustang Well, this took an interesting turn... Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 4.04.28 PM

Again, can't wait to hear & see some of these ponies come in!šŸ»
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'd own a Camaro, if it was not for the terrible interiors.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, your money, buy what you want! At least someone else can snatch that Stang up. Everyone wins
Yeah, I can't imagine the car will sit too long. I did see apparently the dealer thought my color wasn't a good sale. They immediately swapped my yellow splash for black LOL. OTOH, they didn't even have the decency to reply back to me after I said that I wasn't taking the order. I should've waited until it was sitting on their lot for a week.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting... in terms of the design, layout or material quality? I think they are a bit funky but the overall build quality is quite good IMO. I would say the lack of storage space and visibility (which you become accustomed to both) are the main gripes that I would list.

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
Yeah, I can't imagine the car will sit too long. I did see apparently the dealer thought my color wasn't a good sale. They immediately swapped my yellow splash for black LOL. OTOH, they didn't even have the decency to reply back to me after I said that I wasn't taking the order. I should've waited until it was sitting on their lot for a week.
Yeaah Yellow isnt...a popular color at least where i am at šŸ¤£.

I can't do a Camaro though the interrior is...not up to par quality wise for me, and its too cramped for someone like me who wants a daily driveršŸ˜…

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Or the fact that are hard as hell to see out of! Field of vision is terrible! They look nice though on the outside.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeaah Yellow isnt...a popular color at least where i am at šŸ¤£.

I can't do a Camaro though the interrior is...not up to par quality wise for me, and its too cramped for someone like me who wants a daily driveršŸ˜…
Yeah, yellow on basically any vehicle is a tougher sell.

I donā€™t understand the quality thing at all, unless youā€™ve only been in a lower trim. But then you think the mustang is acceptable.lol. Iā€™d say the higher trims of both models are comparable.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or the fact that are hard as hell to see out of! Field of vision is terrible! They look nice though on the outside.
first time I was in one, I felt like I was in a tank lol. No way I could drive thatā€¦but you do get accustomed to it.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also would prefer a ZL1 instead of a GT or Dark Horse.
It has way more power. Can't compare the two.
I agree. In terms of performance, the ZL1 is really in a totally different category. It doesnā€™t make either one the ā€œbetterā€ car. A ZL1 was never meant to be a DH or a GT competitor, just as a GT500 doesnā€™t compete against a Camaro SS.

Last edited:

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
Yeah, yellow on basically any vehicle is a tougher sell.

I donā€™t understand the quality thing at all, unless youā€™ve only been in a lower trim. But then you think the mustang is acceptable.lol. Iā€™d say the higher trims of both models are comparable.

For me the quality comparison is this: Which can i drive the most comfortably. And it's never been the Camaro. Ever, it hurts my back šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I do think the Mustang quality is better than the Camaro for me personally.

But i mean, that's why I am ordering a Mustang and not the Camaro šŸ˜…

Editing to clarify, I am specifically referring to driving comfort quality not performance
Sponsored