• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Want a good laugh? Dealer asking $106k for a Dark Horse

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Unfortunately, there's always some wanker out there with a large ego, a narcissistic personally, most likely a dreamer who thinks Youtube is a real job, and has a really small dick that needs compensating for. Too harsh?
Not too harsh, but 100% real.
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
This is great news for dark horse buyers that locked in at 5-10k adm.. they’ll be up 20 grand on delivery day.

porsche has been like this for decades, Ferrari is even worse… you have to buy multiple new expensive cars to get on the multi year waiting list for supercars.

it’s the dark horse… it’s not for the blue collar guys (me).. that’s what the GT is for.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
They'll get their asking price, no doubt. Hell, they could ask $150k and someone will still buy it.

Hard to negotiate with dealers nowadays when they know someone out there will pay any price.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I don’t think the dark horse is going to be a huge seller so don’t be surprised if you see them selling for under list in a year or two

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
I don’t think the dark horse is going to be a huge seller so don’t be surprised if you see them selling for under list in a year or two
I for one don't see that happening. They are limited, so people that can afford them will pay, and they will be limited for sale on the secondary market, hence the pricing will stay high.

OP
OP
akfinfan

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I for one don't see that happening. They are limited, so people that can afford them will pay, and they will be limited for sale on the secondary market, hence the pricing will stay high.
I agree with you. Anyone thinking that it's not going to sell is crazy!

OP
OP
akfinfan

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Oh you mean like how the Mach 1s sold so well lmfao 🤣
Why would 2023 Mach 1s sell well when the 24 DH Mustang was announced mere months after it was produced. People waited. Like myself. You're comparing two vehicles that are similar, but also different.

Last edited:

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I thought Ford was clamping down on that.

MickB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT
if my dealer tries to that then he can keep his car no way I pay over msrp!!!

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
It depends on how long of a run the dark horse will have. MSRP pricing will be the exception at first (for those who didn't order), then it won't. GT350s could easily be found with 20-25K ADMs in the first year. Halfway through the second year, you could find them at MSRP. And that was a Shelby.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I agree, but since when has any corvette sold for msrp? Same logic applies.
I think it depends on the dealer. The dealership where I bought my Corvettes, including the C8 Stingray, sold them at or below sticker. That doesn't apply to C8 Z06's. The dealership just changed owners and they have a C8 Z06 listed at $100k over sticker.