• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Want a good laugh? Dealer asking $106k for a Dark Horse

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Worst that that. They don't even have it in stock yet. The VIN is 604 and my VIN is 680. Last time I looked my build date was 7/22 so it's unlikely that it has been built yet. It just an extremely high dealers premium. False advertising anybody because that picture is a stock picture.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
That dealer is around the corner from my house. I bought my first mustang from them (they were on Main Street in Smithtown then). I wouldn’t buy anything from them ever again. Which is a shame, I need to order a few service vans (looking at Ford Transits) and it would be convenient to go there.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Worst that that. They don't even have it in stock yet. The VIN is 604 and my VIN is 680. Last time I looked my build date was 7/22 so it's unlikely that it has been built yet. It just an extremely high dealers premium. False advertising anybody because that picture is a stock picture.
That’s not how VIN numbers work. They are not built sequentially.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
what a scam! it's not even built yet and doesn't seem like it will be soon either, as there is no window sticker yet. Seems like it's at Steven's Jersey City Ford, which has a 3.7 star rating on Google. an alarming amount of reviews mentioning tricky sales tactics like 10k markups on XL Mavericks, rude or unhelpful staff, and even the dealer getting re-named multiple times to "reset" their reputation. @Ford Motor Company you guys might want to take a look at this dealer

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
That’s not how VIN numbers work. They are not built sequentially.
I understand part availability figures into it however it seems that Ford has delayed Dark Horse production so it's likely both cards will be produced about the same time unless one needs something that isn't available. Mine is likely to be delayed because it's a premium build needing a few things different from a GT.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Under no circumstance would I spend that kind of money on a Mustang. Not even a GT500.

spinningwheel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
That dealer always has big markups. But unfortunately up in that area someone will pay to be the first on the block.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
You know if just 1 person buys it a new base floor is being established…
Unfortunately, there's always some wanker out there with a large ego, a narcissistic personally, most likely a dreamer who thinks Youtube is a real job, and has a really small dick that needs compensating for. Too harsh?
Sponsored