• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Imagining what it sounds like to have a got damn Mustang revving next to you in a freaking office room

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Amazing thanks for sharing! Makes the wait even harder!

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
This is what kills me...I love LED headlights for the functionality/what you can do with them, that startup animation is way too perfect, but I just hate the "3+3" scheme that Ford and everybody else is using. Do something with 3 as a theme for the running/accent lights to tie-in with the tri-bar tails, but the main LED lamps should just be a solid bar or use a circular theme like the Bronco.

So close...so close lol.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
This is what kills me...I love LED headlights for the functionality/what you can do with them, that startup animation is way too perfect, but I just hate the "3+3" scheme that Ford and everybody else is using. Do something with 3 as a theme for the running/accent lights to tie-in with the tri-bar tails, but the main LED lamps should just be a solid bar or use a circular theme like the Bronco.

So close...so close lol.
This.

While I wouldn't say I hate the stock headlight design, I too would have preferred something other than 3 main LED elements. 3 LED accent lights are fine, and I think look great, but I would have liked to have seen either a single solid main LED element per light, or 2 main elements per light - BMW style.

Alas, I'm sure the aftermarket will offer a fix or two via custom units.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I am not entirely sure if that is really a cold start, but from what we hear, it is really nice. You should also bear in mind that the real sound in person is way better than through YT videos.

I really like those welcoming segments with the LED lights. When they showed it during the live stream one month ago via CGOI, it lookes ok'ish but seeing this now, really really grew on me.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Was the video removed?
I can still view it, maybe it is locked for different areas? If so, if you have a vpn you can possibly view it.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I can still view it, maybe it is locked for different areas? If so, if you have a vpn you can possibly view it.
it is working fine now. I think the controls for the YouTube embed just didn’t load. Refresh fixed it.

the LED animation is a nice touch. Engine sounds good.

not a fan of the dark horse specific fascia. Looks a bit old compared to the GT. I think the RTR grille is just not a good idea. Neither are the matte black plastic inserts pretending to be bodywork.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
The 3-element headlamp treatment is a nod to the original, as I'm sure you're aware :)

66 headlamp.jpg
I love the dancing headlights and the 3 element treatment. It has been part of the Mustang forever, not part of the current trend. They really nailed the headlights, the rear looks great as well. Sounds ridiculous in a good way, thank you Ford for catering to the enthusiasts!

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
The 3-element headlamp treatment is a nod to the original, as I'm sure you're aware :)

66 headlamp.jpg
Nah...they can try all they want, but they've just fallen for the "spider eyes are cool" trend and are using heritage as a talking point on top of that. S550, yes, S650 NO...it's Ford's current family look primarily and the only nod to the original car is just that there's three of something there. From a design standpoint, it has zero to do with all the old "gills" and looks totally generic and as if they could fit on any random car. I don't want to hear "it's a modern reimagining of classic Mustang"...lol, Ford totally whiffed with these.

S650 Mustang Video: Dark Horse S650 shown to assembly workers w/ headlights animation, cold start and revving sounds 386600

S650 Mustang Video: Dark Horse S650 shown to assembly workers w/ headlights animation, cold start and revving sounds Screenshot_20221015_102153_Samsung Internet

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Disagree.
Ford has reimagined classic elements for a modern car - as it should be. The mustang shouldn’t be stuck in the past because it’s “not allowed” to escape the 60s. LOL

IT SHOULD BE THE MOST MODERN OF CURRENT PONY/sports cars while having modern callbacks to historically unique design elements - and it’s ok to even create NEW design events to use in future cars
 *GASP!*

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Disagree.
Ford has reimagined classic elements for a modern car - as it should be. The mustang shouldn’t be stuck in the past because it’s “not allowed” to escape the 60s. LOL

IT SHOULD BE THE MOST MODERN OF CURRENT PONY/sports cars while having modern callbacks to historically unique design elements - and it’s ok to even create NEW design events to use in future cars
 *GASP!*
They definitely wanted to emphasize a wide DRG with the DTLs this time, as opposed to bringing the focal point to the center when you glance at it from a distance.

They paid fair enough homage to the 65+ gills with the S550. Agree it’s time to move on. With that said I think it’s valid to wish that Ford was a little more creative. I’m just glad that they didn’t add those awful vertical slats like on the Mach-E.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Nah...they can try all they want, but they've just fallen for the "spider eyes are cool" trend and are using heritage as a talking point on top of that. S550, yes, S650 NO...it's Ford's current family look primarily and the only nod to the original car is just that there's three of something there. From a design standpoint, it has zero to do with all the old "gills" and looks totally generic and as if they could fit on any random car. I don't want to hear "it's a modern reimagining of classic Mustang"...lol, Ford totally whiffed with these.

386600.jpg

Screenshot_20221015_102153_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dude, S550 was more heavily influenced by the other Ford products around at the time than the S650. Case in point - the Fusion - I vividly remember people shitting on the S550 because it looked like a Fusion coupe due to similar grille design, similar headlight design, and same character line running along the sides.

The S650 headlights ARE a modern interpretation of the shark gills, whether you like it or not.
Sponsored