• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
Not gonna lie, the dual screen setup is pretty nice, nicer than the unified setup in my opinion.
Absolutely agree. I think that has alot to do with the fact that the dual screens appear to have reduced bezels.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Absolutely agree. I think that has alot to do with the fact that the dual screens appear to have reduced bezels.
The bezels are way better and even make the black levels acceptable. The mega chonk bezel surrounding the ā€œpremiumā€ single-pane setup makes the screens stand out in such a jarring way that youā€™d need OLED-equivalent black levels to blend the borders and hide the fact that you have two small rectangles sitting in a giant plastic case.

The single screen is a good concept, but itā€™s a weak physical execution versus the current/near-future offerings from other brands.

Also, the dual screen setup at least lines up from edge to edge at the top. I donā€™t know why it bothers me so much that they have asymmetrically sized screens in the conjoined setup; wouldā€™ve even preferred that they trimmed the top of the main screen down a little to be in line with the gauge screen, then trim the bezel to match. Would also open up line of sight.

Last edited:

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
The bezels are way better and even make the black levels acceptable. The mega chonk bezel surrounding the ā€œpremiumā€ single-pane setup makes the screens stand out in such a jarring way that youā€™d need OLED-equivalent black levels to blend the borders and hide the fact that you have two small rectangles sitting in a giant plastic case.

The single screen is a good concept, but itā€™s a weak physical execution versus the current/near-future offerings from other brands.

Also, the dual screen setup at least lines up from edge to edge at the top. I donā€™t know why it bothers me so much that they have asymmetrically sized screens in the conjoined setup; wouldā€™ve even preferred that they trimmed the top of the main screen down a little to be in line with the gauge screen, then trim the bezel to match. Would also open up line of sight.
Iā€™m just not seeing this huge bezel youā€™re talking about. From every image I can find the overall perimeter dimensions of the different setups are the same with no additional bezel on the top or outsides and the only different is the connection in the middle.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Iā€™m just not seeing this huge bezel youā€™re talking about. From every image I can find the overall perimeter dimensions of the different setups are the same with no additional bezel on the top or outsides and the only different is the connection in the middle.
Because the ā€œgauge clusterā€ is a smaller unit and the entire pane is leveled to the much larger and taller infotainment screen, it sits in a sea of black plastic.

The only realistic fixes are to either 1) increase the gauge screen height, which might be pointless due to visual obstruction of the wheel itself, 2) reduce the height of the infotainment screen and bring the entire pane down, 3) contour the pane so that it steps down to match the reduced screen heightā€”which would look weird fwiw, 4) improve black levels and have a soft fade around the screen borders so it isnā€™t so obvious in personā€”which it isā€”that thereā€™s 3-4ā€ of plastic between both screens and a ton of extra bezel space surrounding the gauge pod.

I understand itā€™s a lot of griping, but if they want to appeal to the tech crowd, they should understand that weā€™re used to modern phones, tablets, and monitors, not iPhone 3Gs and their associated bezels.

S650 Mustang Vaugh Gittin Jr. was the S650 Mustang driver for Jimmy Fallon Show 2024-ford-mustang-fox-body-digital-gauges

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because the ā€œgauge clusterā€ is a smaller unit and the entire pane is leveled to the much larger and taller infotainment screen, it sits in a sea of black plastic.

The only realistic fixes are to either 1) increase the gauge screen height, which might be pointless due to visual obstruction of the wheel itself, 2) reduce the height of the infotainment screen and bring the entire pane down, 3) contour the pane so that it steps down to match the reduced screen heightā€”which would look weird fwiw, 4) improve black levels and have a soft fade around the screen borders so it isnā€™t so obvious in personā€”which it isā€”that thereā€™s 3-4ā€ of plastic between both screens and a ton of extra bezel space surrounding the gauge pod.

2024-ford-mustang-fox-body-digital-gauges.jpg
I donā€™t believe you are correct that the gauge cluster screen is small in one car vs the other, we just havenā€™t been given a good enough look at the dual screen set up to compare side-by-side. It would cost Ford more money to have two different display sizes produced for the car.
Edit: unless you are saying itā€™s because the gauge cluster is smaller than the center screen, but the gauge cluster sits at a higher level than the center screen so the tops of the screens are at the same height, not the center of the screen.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I donā€™t believe you are correct that the gauge cluster screen is small in one car vs the other, we just havenā€™t been given a good enough look at the dual screen set up to compare side-by-side. It would cost Ford more money to have two different display sizes produced for the car.
For all I know the gauge clusters could be the same size, but the base setup isnā€™t sitting in a bezel thatā€™s too big for it which is kind of the benefit of having its own bezel fit to size

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For all I know the gauge clusters could be the same size, but the base setup isnā€™t sitting in a bezel thatā€™s too big for it which is kind of the benefit of having its own bezel fit to size
I get what you're saying but my point was that I don't believe the bezel between the two models is any different on the top and sides, they used the same vertical dimensions between the two setups and created a bezel that just connects the two displays, so the only extra black around the screen is in the center. Again, we won't know for sure until we are able to sit in the two side-by-side.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250

I understand itā€™s a lot of griping, but if they want to appeal to the tech crowd, they should understand that weā€™re used to modern phones, tablets, and monitors, not iPhone 3Gs and their associated bezels.

2024-ford-mustang-fox-body-digital-gauges.jpg
That 3-4 in bezel is still there, as you can see, and the infotainment screen is level with the guage cluster still too.
S650 Mustang Vaugh Gittin Jr. was the S650 Mustang driver for Jimmy Fallon Show Screenshot 2022-12-07 4.01.43 PM

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I get what you're saying but my point was that I don't believe the bezel between the two models is any different on the top and sides, they used the same vertical dimensions between the two setups and created a bezel that just connects the two displays, so the only extra black around the screen is in the center. Again, we won't know for sure until we are able to sit in the two side-by-side.
You might be right, would be very weird for the only difference to be literally just a physical enclosure and not any change in actual screen size or resolution though

S650 Mustang Vaugh Gittin Jr. was the S650 Mustang driver for Jimmy Fallon Show C6F9C857-1E09-42BB-9A85-BD296C37091F

blew out exposure to show screen height difference
S650 Mustang Vaugh Gittin Jr. was the S650 Mustang driver for Jimmy Fallon Show 537F819A-A726-41C4-AE23-A328F57EC551

I still feel like the bezel is slightly thicker on the top end of the single pane design

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
First I have heard of the dual screens. I am surprised. I was expecting a single screen.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Iā€™m surprised too. Iā€™d imagine itā€™s more expensive to tool up for two different types of screens!

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Not a fan of the dash at all, but the 2 screen set up is a bit more palatable.
Sponsored