• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

UPR S650 Catch Can Development! Let's GOOO!!!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
I took our 2024 Mustang GT down to UPR Products this morning to meet up with the Catchcanman (Steve B) for them to start development and testing of a catch can setup for the new platform. Steve greeted me with an awesome costume he put together inspired by my WWF Macho Man skit that I did when I took delivery of the car.

It will be interesting to see how the setup turns out as this is the first Ford vehicle we've worked with them on that utilizes dual intakes and dual throttle bodies. Once he's got it all setup we'll head back down to take a close look at it as well as discuss why a catch can setup is important and what options will be available with it.

A lot of people question whether a catch can is worth it and I can say from personal experience on all of my NA as well as Forced Induction vehicles that I've owned they are definitely worth it. We have tons of content on Youtube regarding the UPR catch cans on our vehicles over the years which include Mustang GT's, GT500's, F150s and Broncos.

So stay tuned as we'll be updating this thread with more content once the car is finished up and the footage is edited.

In the meantime if anyone has any questions about catch cans or anything S650 related feel free to give us a shout.

S650 Mustang UPR S650 Catch Can Development! Let's GOOO!!! 381056714_1490014638451569_6236592546703930160_n
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Any hints if it will potentially possibly maybe hopefully be maintenance free?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any hints if it will potentially possibly maybe hopefully be maintenance free?
The only maintenance we've needed to do in the past on any catch can we've installed is to check the can and drain it if it collects enough oil. Other than that we're planning on it being a plug and play installation.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a few pics of the kit installed on our car. We will be replacing the clear cans with black anodized ones once the new mounting brackets come back from the anodizer.

We'll have these listed up on the site shortly and post the video of all the content once it's been edited.
S650 Mustang UPR S650 Catch Can Development! Let's GOOO!!! upr catch can water 1

S650 Mustang UPR S650 Catch Can Development! Let's GOOO!!! upr catch can water 2

S650 Mustang UPR S650 Catch Can Development! Let's GOOO!!! upr catch can water 3

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just above the throttle body, is that a check valve on the passenger side line returning to the manifold?
Yes that is a check valve. Really not necessary on an NA setup but has no negatives to it being installed. UPR installed it on the car for fitment purposes in hopes that when the centrifugal blower kits come out for the car that this setup will work perfectly for it.

Nv6974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Here's a few pics of the kit installed on our car. We will be replacing the clear cans with black anodized ones once the new mounting brackets come back from the anodizer.

We'll have these listed up on the site shortly and post the video of all the content once it's been edited.
upr catch can water 1.jpg

upr catch can water 2.jpg

upr catch can water 3.jpg
So is there an advantage to doing both side with catch cans, I assume cleaner? Seeing this setup versus the new J&L, is it possible to y the hoses to only use one catch can? Basically having 2 intakes and 2 outs from one can?

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I don’t know, it I know I’m waiting for the UPR. VERSION

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Yes that is a check valve. Really not necessary on an NA setup but has no negatives to it being installed. UPR installed it on the car for fitment purposes in hopes that when the centrifugal blower kits come out for the car that this setup will work perfectly for it.
On UPR Instagram it says you guys and UPR website has them now online I can’t seem to find them on either website

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
So is there an advantage to doing both side with catch cans, I assume cleaner? Seeing this setup versus the new J&L, is it possible to y the hoses to only use one catch can? Basically having 2 intakes and 2 outs from one can?
The twin TBs have no effect as to whether or not what 2 cans are needed. They still share a common plenum.
The engine has a PCV (dirty) side and a CCV (crankcase vent - fresh air/clean) side. The driver side (clean side) primarily draws fresh air into the crankcase from the air filter/ cold air kit/ air box connection to help flush out fumes that are drawn out by the PCV side which is connected to the intake manifold vacuum fitting.
When the car is run at WOT for long periods or if it is boosted oil can be pushed out of the driver side by crankcase pressure.
Normally, we’d use a UPR Clean Side Separator like we have for previous generations of the Coyote, but there isn’t room for one with the engine cover in place on the 2024. By using a small driver side can, we keep the engine cover in place and still protect the intake tube from oil splash out of the driver side.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet can’t wait to buy one for the stang! When we it be up for order?
We’ll have them live on the site tomorrow and make sure to post the forum discount code for everyone to use.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
...We will be replacing the clear cans with black anodized ones once the new mounting brackets come back from the anodizer.
It's a shame the reservoir can isn't actually clear.
You could see how much oil is it has actually collected, and would provide a visual cue to empty/drain it.

This feature alone would help differentiate it between the many other cans on the market.
Sponsored