• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Upgrading visor with garage door opener?

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
I heard that in the S550, if you didn't purchase the package that had the garage door opener in the visor, you could purchase one from parts and swap it out. That the power for the garage door opener just ran off what was already there for the vanity lights. Can anyone confirm if this is true. And if so, is it safe to say the same will be able to be done in the S650?
Sponsored

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I would say it's 50-50.

Ford has a history of installing harnesses with all the options in some base or lesser optioned cars, but using a base harness without options in others.

On my 06 Mustang, it is a non-premium without My Color. I checked and all the connections were in place, so I got a My Color gauge cluster and the control switches, installed them and everything worked perfectly, bonus was the info display in the cluster.

On my 03 F-150, I wanted to install the Harley Davidson lower valance with the fog lights. I installed the valance but had to run my own fog light harness because they were not included in the harness installed in my truck. Same for the visors with the vanity light mirrors, no harnesses in place.