• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tracking question

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
CSX tracking just said the car has been constructively placed with no eta. Anyone know what that actually means? I’m not sure if it refers to the rail car or my car, but it is at its last stop. TIA for anyone that knows.
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I googled it and it appears that the car has been unloaded but hasn't been picked up for delivery. For some reason the truck that was supposed to pick it up is late and the rail is going to start charging for storage. Might have something to do with the three day weekend.

dr1zzle01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Accord
CSX tracking just said the car has been constructively placed with no eta. Anyone know what that actually means? I’m not sure if it refers to the rail car or my car, but it is at its last stop. TIA for anyone that knows.
I wonder if we’re on the same train. I’m in PA. Hopefully we get our babies this week!

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I googled it and it appears that the car has been unloaded but hasn't been picked up for delivery. For some reason the truck that was supposed to pick it up is late and the rail is going to start charging for storage. Might have something to do with the three day weekend.
Thank you! All in all, that’s pretty good news.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, will they be charging the dealer or the hauler? Either way, extra fees should mean they’d want to get it picked up asap.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
It means your car is at the railyard nearest to the dealer, but is waiting to be unloaded from railcar.

FWIW it took less than 24 hours for my car to be unloaded, but I've heard of other people's cars taking longer (which is why there'a no ETA). So YMMV.

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not unloaded yet.

If it were, the CSX status would say "Empty - Released."

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, will they be charging the dealer or the hauler? Either way, extra fees should mean they’d want to get it picked up asap.
Ford will be billed for that expense, not the dealer.

Until the dealer takes possession of the car, it's still FoMoCo's responsibility.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
It depends on the contract between Ford and the hauler as well as if the hauler was notified of the pickup. If Ford didn't contact the hauler, it's on Fords dime. If the hauler didn't get around to picking it up, the hauler may have to pay. Single truckers are limited to 11 hours work day so it's possible the driver hit the limit of cars they could move in a day. We probably aren't going to learn the answer to this one.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My railcar was dropped off at Jessup MD on Sunday and was given a "constructively placed" status.

I just called CSX and it's status moved to "empty" overnight. Hopefully it gets onto a truck soon!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Per the Bronco6G Forum, there used to be a way to track your vehicle from the time it reaches the CSX lot until it arrived at the dealer.

The transport company is United Road Logistics, and there was a link where you could enter your VIN to get the latest & greatest status.

Unfortunately, it seems United Road recently shut that site down (claiming it was only intended for dealer use), and they're directing folks to contact their dealers for updates.

So in essence, unless you have a dealer who's transparent, you're going to be left in a lurch from the time your car reaches the railyard nearest to your dealer until the dealer calls / emails letting you know it's ready.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Per the Bronco6G Forum, there used to be a way to track your vehicle from the time it reaches the CSX lot until it arrived at the dealer.

The transport company is United Road Logistics, and there was a link where you could enter your VIN to get the latest & greatest status.

Unfortunately, it seems United Road recently shut that site down (claiming it was only intended for dealer use), and they're directing folks to contact their dealers for updates.

So in essence, unless you have a dealer who's transparent, you're going to be left in a lurch from the time your car reaches the railyard nearest to your dealer until the dealer calls / emails letting you know it's ready.
In the lurch, that’s where I’m at. 🤷‍♂️ The dealership and the salesman are horrible at returning calls or texts.
Sponsored