• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tracking Process

OP
OP

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
Get your dealer to look up the VinView status. If it is built, they can tell you very accurately where it is, and it's current status and ETA.
I sent this email to my salesman. He looked my order up in his system and it said a delivery ETA of 3/11-3/17. I don’t believe it one bit.
Sponsored

Knightro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport
I sent this email to my salesman. He looked my order up in his system and it said a delivery ETA of 3/11-3/17. I don’t believe it one bit.
So I went in to ask the salesperson the same thing and he showed me what he was looking at. He said there’s a gps on it once it leaves the factory and he turned the screen to show me the route it took via the gps pings. It was sitting in their storage lot or something in Philly. He said it usually takes about a week or less from there and gave me a similar window that your salesperson did. It came yesterday and I stooped in and saw it today. Waiting for prep so tonight or Monday.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
So I went in to ask the salesperson the same thing and he showed me what he was looking at. He said there’s a gps on it once it leaves the factory and he turned the screen to show me the route it took via the gps pings. It was sitting in their storage lot or something in Philly. He said it usually takes about a week or less from there and gave me a similar window that your salesperson did. It came yesterday and I stooped in and saw it today. Waiting for prep so tonight or Monday.
A GPS on the vehicle or the truck hauling your car?

OP
OP

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
Congrats! He sent me a screenshot showing all of the information on his end. He said my mustang has not been picked up for transport yet so there is nothing to track yet unfortunately.

Knightro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport
I did not ask that question but if I had to guess I’d say the car because it was still on the lot when he looked and not moved on to another destination.

Reactions: DCS

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
It is on the car. I saw mine sitting in a holding area at Flat Rock. A few days later it was at the rail yard, then I could see it on the rail car heading my way, and finally at El Mirage here in Phoenix before getting on a car transporter heading to my dealer.

Reactions: DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is on the car. I saw mine sitting in a holding area at Flat Rock. A few days later it was at the rail yard, then I could see it on the rail car heading my way, and finally at El Mirage here in Phoenix before getting on a car transporter heading to my dealer.
Sure would be nice if we could see this.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
I agree, but my dealer is 10 minutes away, and they were very willing to share this information whenever I came by.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Sure would be nice if we could see this.
That is VinView and your sales person can get the person that orders vehicles for the dealership to track it in real time. Sometimes they will even add your cell to the Vin View update and you will get notifications. I even got printed tracking of the rail route mine took.

I tracked my vehicle everyday via rail and when it sat in the local rail yard I got a text it was being delivered at my dealership.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is VinView and your sales person can get the person that orders vehicles for the dealership to track it in real time. Sometimes they will even add your cell to the Vin View update and you will get notifications. I even got printed tracking of the rail route mine took.

I tracked my vehicle everyday via rail and when it sat in the local rail yard I got a text it was being delivered at my dealership.
Nice!

Rob162

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU, 2023 HD Roadglide Limited