• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

"Track Use Only" when track exhaust mode on

OhioGuy73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Why does the dash show ‘Track use only’ when I have the track exhaust mode on. Is there a problem if I use it in everyday driving?
Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There isn't a problem if you use it daily driving. My son-in-law is an engineer with Stellantis and was telling me that it has to do with federal regulations on noise levels, so the "warning" is done.

Just like the fact that your settings always default to factory when you turn the car off. All has to do with regulations and liability concerns. If the car sets back to factory, and you change it after starting, then it is all on you. But if Ford allowed you to leave those settings in place they could be held liable (things like traction control for example - if Ford allowed you to leave it set to off, and you had an accident that could have been prevented by TCS, then Ford could face a liability claim)

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
yeah its because the track mode goes upwards of 100db in noise when most places have regulations relegating max to around 80-90db so they have to label it "track use only" as a CYA for when someone gets a ticket for redlining their GT at 3am in the middle of California.