• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Track Mode - Traction Control

RBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT Premium, 6 spd
I want to drive with the stiffest MR mode which is track mode.

Unfortunately, you can't set the MR shocks independently of drive mode.

When selecting "Track Mode" the yellow traction control symbol turns on meaning its off?

When you press the traction Control botton, its says "Traction Control On" but the yellow sysmbol is still there.

Question: In Track Mode - Can you have traction control on?
Sponsored

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Maybe if you use FORSCAN you can option it. The point behind traction control being off in track mode is because the car thinks you are "tracking" it and upon identifying a wheel that is losing its grip on the road (happens a lot when tracking), the system automatically applies the brakes to that individual one or cut down the car's engine power to the slipping wheel. I always turned off TC when road racing, except when raining...it helped...a little.

OP
OP
RBGT

RBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT Premium, 6 spd
Maybe if you use FORSCAN you can option it. The point behind traction control being off in track mode is because the car thinks you are "tracking" it and upon identifying a wheel that is losing its grip on the road (happens a lot when tracking), the system automatically applies the brakes to that individual one or cut down the car's engine power to the slipping wheel. I always turned off TC when road racing, except when raining...it helped...a little.

Thanks. Don't have forscan yet, I suspect you can't mess with these modes yet.

I've noticed the TC on these aren't very responsive.
You easily get a lot of wheelspin in almost every mode.
Still, its a new car and I'd like the engine to cut/reduce power when it detects loss of traction.

It for "spirited" canyon driving at relatively higher speeds.
Stiff shocks would be good.
TC should be helpful - I think.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Did you try setting a custom profile, with base mode as track, but changing traction setting to On?

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Thanks. Don't have forscan yet, I suspect you can't mess with these modes yet.

I've noticed the TC on these aren't very responsive.
You easily get a lot of wheelspin in almost every mode.
Still, its a new car and I'd like the engine to cut/reduce power when it detects loss of traction.

It for "spirited" canyon driving at relatively higher speeds.
Stiff shocks would be good.
TC should be helpful - I think.
Naa, don't need no stinking TC for canyon roads. Ran the Tail of the Dragon in 2012 with a Roush Owner/Enthusiasts Club, had about a dozen Roush 427R's running all over Deals Gap, ran the Cherohala Skyway one day too, altitude changes were awesome.
Sorry, digressed for a moment. Anyway, we ran the Tail with TC off and it was great. Wife didn't care for it, when she'd look out the pax window, all she would see were very steep drop offs. Didn't realize how dangerous we were driving till we viewed the Go Pro's....we were nuts.
YouTube link of one of my runs. Not Public till 4/9/24.

S650 Mustang Track Mode - Traction Control IMG_1084.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
although didn't finish the vid since i don't wanna ruin it for myself.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

DrkHrs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Did you try setting a custom profile, with base mode as track, but changing traction setting to On?
Does anyone know if this works? I tried to set it but the Traction Control Off light was still displayed. Don't know if this is a software glitch or if it's actually not possible to have TC on in Track mode.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Naa, don't need no stinking TC for canyon roads. Ran the Tail of the Dragon in 2012 with a Roush Owner/Enthusiasts Club, had about a dozen Roush 427R's running all over Deals Gap, ran the Cherohala Skyway one day too, altitude changes were awesome.
Sorry, digressed for a moment. Anyway, we ran the Tail with TC off and it was great. Wife didn't care for it, when she'd look out the pax window, all she would see were very steep drop offs. Didn't realize how dangerous we were driving till we viewed the Go Pro's....we were nuts.
YouTube link of one of my runs. Not Public till 4/9/24.

IMG_1084.JPG
#1 RULE at The Dragon……Stay in YOUR lane

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Does anyone know if this works? I tried to set it but the Traction Control Off light was still displayed. Don't know if this is a software glitch or if it's actually not possible to have TC on in Track mode.
I think this is partial traction off, not the entire system off.

I just tried it now, and indeed the TC light is on.
Sponsored