• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active exhaust, how to make track mode default?

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I’m not really sure, never owned one either. Ihave a friend that has owned a few.Check with him get back to u.
Stock Harleys are really quiet, I would even say quieting than the 5.0L in normal mode. One of my first mods is a louder exhaust on all my Harleys.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Just updating this thread. Over the last week or so our car exhaust stays in track mode when we start it up. I have no idea why it’s now doing it because it use to start in normal mode or the quiet setting if it was shut off like that. Interesting thing is after it’s started the display screen shows it in street mode selection when the butterfly is wide open in track mode.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Just updating this thread. Over the last week or so our car exhaust stays in track mode when we start it up. I have no idea why it’s now doing it because it use to start in normal mode or the quiet setting if it was shut off like that. Interesting thing is after it’s started the display screen shows it in street mode selection when the butterfly is wide open in track mode.
Yeah, that's not good. As you know it's not supposed to be that way. I'd double check the connectors and wiring.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I have a GT convertible that was built Feb 16 that I picked up yesterday. The first time I started it, I changed the exhaust mode to track, and it has stayed in track mode since then. It has been remote started and started in the vehicle multiple times, but stayed when set in track. I did sit in the car and run the exhaust in other modes and they worked fine, before putting it back 8n the track mode. Could there have been a software change some time. Not sure when OP’s car was built.
The reason the active exhaust always defaulted to normal was to make sure the car would meet noise regulations in all 50 states. Track mode actually exceeds regulations in some municipalities. Ford does not want its customers getting tickets unless they choose to take that chance.