• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TPMS synching tool

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Can someone point me in the right direction for the correct syncing tool? I purchase 4 new TPMS from dealer today (Part # F2GZ 1A189 G). I asked to purchase the Syncing tool and was told me they can’t get that?? They said I needed to purchase from Ford Performance which seemed odd.

Any help would be appreciated- Thank You
Sponsored

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I guessing you have multiple sets of rim/tire combos for your car? Is that why you need to have this tool?

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
You also need it to reset the position of the wheels after you do a tire rotation.
Really? I can’t believe you can’t use your key fob to reset those or something integrated into the cars system. I’ll either end up buying this or just not bother and remember where the wheels originally started at.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Really? I can’t believe you can’t use your key fob to reset those or something integrated into the cars system. I’ll either end up buying this or just not bother and remember where the wheels originally started at.
Until nanny starts asking … but agreed re why the heck can’t the car tell which is where.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I recenty put snow tires and rims on my 2023 F 150, and my sons 2023 Bronco Sport. I never had to sync the new tires it just happened after 20 miles. Is the sync tool necessary?

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You also need it to reset the position of the wheels after you do a tire rotation.
We have directional staggered set up so we won’t ever to be rotating, but thank you for the heads up.
Have you used this tool on the 2024 model? It is a different frequency than earlier but perhaps it doesn’t matter? Honestly this is the first time I’ve ever encountered this process, the Chevy, Honda and Dodges we owned you never had to do this with, 15 minutes down the road usually did the trick, must be Ford is “special”.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We have directional staggered set up so we won’t ever to be rotating, but thank you for the heads up.
Have you used this tool on the 2024 model? It is a different frequency than earlier but perhaps it doesn’t matter? Honestly this is the first time I’ve ever encountered this process, the Chevy, Honda and Dodges we owned you never had to do this with, 15 minutes down the road usually did the trick, must be Ford is “special”.
Our ‘08 Pontiac had the technology in its key fob. I’m completely shocked we need a special tool to sync the tpms sensors. Oh well. Still love the car and it has a million more options than our Pontiac did so it is what it is.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you click your heals three time and repeat “there’s no place like home” 5 times then you don’t need the tool, but if you don’t want to do this step then get the tool.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PPGT Manual MGW
When I bought new sensors/tires I used this method someone here posted. Worked great.

1. With the vehicle off, press and release the brake pedal
  2. Press the start/stop button from off to accessory 3 times, ending in accessory mode (off, acc, off, acc, off, acc)
  3. Press and release the brake pedal
  4. Turn the vehicle off
  5. Press the start/stop button from off to accessory 3 times, ending in accessory mode (off, acc, off, acc, off, acc)

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
It does work on the 2024.

I also have a PP car with staggered wheels.
Depending on the tire you have you can rotate from side to side on each axle.

The stock Pirelli PZ4 tire is not directional so you can do side to side “rotation”.

Page 345-346 in the manual.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/..._Owners_Manual_version_1_om_EN-US.pdf#page349

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does work on the 2024.

I also have a PP car with staggered wheels.
Depending on the tire you have you can rotate from side to side on each axle.

The stock Pirelli PZ4 tire is not directional so you can do side to side “rotation”.

Page 345-346 in the manual.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/..._Owners_Manual_version_1_om_EN-US.pdf#page349
Yes, we have the PP as well with the Pirrellis, but our new wheels have the Nitto NT 555 G2 which are directional as well as staggered
Sponsored