• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Folks, I was referring to the GPS display in 2024 Mustang looking like ones from the early 1990s. The ones (I was referring) were used during the Gulf War which the display only had 2 colors. In my statement I never said anything about a car GPS in the early 1990s.
You realize we can still see your old posts right? 🤣

Is it my imagination or does the GPS on the center display look two dimensional and only has two colors? So early 1990s.
Not sure what cars had GPS in the early 90s lol.
It was way before Waze and was called either Garmin or Tom-Tom. It was simple, you just mounted it to your dash and press the buttons for your destination. I have still got mine and use regularly. The display was 500% better the display pictured above.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Is it my imagination or does the GPS on the center display look two dimensional and only has two colors? So early 1990s.

2024 Mustang touchscreen.jpg
Ford has always had ugly, behind-the-curve UI aesthetics. So much blue too. :(

Granted, so are 90% of the others, especially in the non-lux segment. And at least it's not the knock-off fake-phone-app look like the stuff from GM and older Hondas and Toyotas. Only recently have non-lux brands like Hyundai/Kia, Honda, and Toyota developed native UIs that don't look like Windows XP trash (all love, XP). Genesis, Audi, BMW, etc. are some of the few brands that wouldn't make me want to hotwire Apple CarPlay to boot the moment upon start-up.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Ford has always had ugly, behind-the-curve UI aesthetics. So much blue too. :(

Granted, so are 90% of the others, especially in the non-lux segment. And at least it's not the knock-off fake-phone-app look like the stuff from GM and older Hondas and Toyotas. Only recently have non-lux brands like Hyundai/Kia, Honda, and Toyota developed native UIs that don't look like Windows XP trash (all love, XP). Genesis, Audi, BMW, etc. are some of the few brands that wouldn't make me want to hotwire Apple CarPlay to boot the moment upon start-up.
Maybe you missed this…

The car’s 12.4-inch digital instrument cluster can be customized to display different animated designs and new drive-mode dependent visuals. Based on the same Unreal Engine 3D creation tool used in modern video games, when choosing personalized drive mode settings, the car’s current setup is displayed on the center stack as real-time graphical renderings. Settings can be adjusted by simply swiping the graphic to rotate the car virtually in a true gamified style

Now this may or may not impact 13.2 Sync 4 screen but it least it’s a step in the right direction.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Maybe you missed this…

The car’s 12.4-inch digital instrument cluster can be customized to display different animated designs and new drive-mode dependent visuals. Based on the same Unreal Engine 3D creation tool used in modern video games, when choosing personalized drive mode settings, the car’s current setup is displayed on the center stack as real-time graphical renderings. Settings can be adjusted by simply swiping the graphic to rotate the car virtually in a true gamified style

Now this may or may not impact 13.2 Sync 4 screen but it least it’s a step in the right direction.
I saw that and a bunch of interior demo videos. Just not a fan of Ford's Sync aesthetic. If we can at least choose a color palette that doesn't flood the screen with fifty shades of blue or all white like on other Ford models, then it's definitely a step in the right direction. Never been a fan of the weird faux-3D thing they do with their buttons.

The little burnout animations are cool and all. Just hope the actual menu system doesn't look like a smurf this go-around.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Settings can be adjusted by simply swiping the graphic to rotate the car virtually in a true gamified style
pure unadulterated and pointless eye-candy. Fun and "ooohhh" for exactly 90 seconds. Then you have to live with it and it's bugs and slow-downs and glitches for the next 7 years. Why not just grab a skin mag and admire the centerfold for 90 seconds while sitting in the garage. It's about as useful.

You really want to turn over your life to Ford Software Systems? The same morons who can't manage to do 'walk away' updates to a bloody entertainment system, but instead takes an hour and requires the engine to be on the whole time?

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
lets face it ford should have been embarrassed putting that base infotainment in the 15-23 cars. that was a joke. im in the minority i like the new dash

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
lets face it ford should have been embarrassed putting that base infotainment in the 15-23 cars. that was a joke. im in the minority i like the new dash
Well it took over 200 posts but someone finally brought this up. File this under “you can’t make everyone happy”.

emrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018, Audi A8L 2019
I would put one driver-centred screen for the dashboard (mustang style) and another one separate somewhere in the middle for Nav/Tel/Radio, etc

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
pure unadulterated and pointless eye-candy. Fun and "ooohhh" for exactly 90 seconds. Then you have to live with it and it's bugs and slow-downs and glitches for the next 7 years. Why not just grab a skin mag and admire the centerfold for 90 seconds while sitting in the garage. It's about as useful.

You really want to turn over your life to Ford Software Systems? The same morons who can't manage to do 'walk away' updates to a bloody entertainment system, but instead takes an hour and requires the engine to be on the whole time?
I turned my life over to American automobile engineers when Nader was still suing GM for invasion of privacy.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
I'm torn on the screens. I like new tech and all that but some of the animations are a bit juvenile. They used the Unreal video game software so that's understandable, but I do wonder if it will age well?

I wish Ford had integrated the screens within the dash like Porsche has done with their new 992 911's. Porsche also approached their graphic design with more seriousness that will likely age better.
Sponsored