• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The Dash cam thread

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
For my fellow Aussies...

I contacted Viofo Australia regarding Viofo A229 Pro availability down under...

Viofo Australia said:
Thank you for contacting Viofo Australia!

Unfortunately, we haven't got a solid release date for VIOFO A229 Pro/Plus yet.
We will have to wait for the update for some time so please understand we are not able to provide the price atm as well.

You're welcome to check out other models in our website and many thanks
for your interest in VIOFO products!

Kind Regards,
Support Team
------------------------------------------
VIOFO AUSTRALIA
Sponsored

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Installed the Mini 2 and I can confirm that the USB port behind the rear view mirror stays on even when the vehicle is off.

Hopefully the battery drain isn't too bad.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Installed the Mini 2 and I can confirm that the USB port behind the rear view mirror stays on even when the vehicle is off.

Hopefully the battery drain isn't too bad.
Could it be one of the ports/accessories that stay on for set amount of time like 0.5 or 1.0 hours.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It could be that the power to the ports remain on for 10-20 minutes after the car turns off. I only verified by waiting for 1-2 minutes after the car was off.

I'm still waiting for the mount for my dashcam but I'll plug it in and then leave the car off for a while and check back on it. My dashcam has a red LED when it's on so if it's off then that means the power gets cut off at some point.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Alright, I went back to my car with my dashcam and plugged it in to the usb behind the rear view mirror before turning on the car. The dashcam remained off until I started the car. This must mean the car stops powering the usb port some time after the car is turned off. I set a timer for 20 minutes and will check the car to see if the camera is still on.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So it's been over 1.5 hours and my Mini 2 is still on. It's in Parking Guard mode which automatically activates after 5 minutes of no movement.

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe GT, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Does anybody know if the fitcam dash cam for the 22 mustang will fit the 24?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Alright, I went back to my car with my dashcam and plugged it in to the usb behind the rear view mirror before turning on the car. The dashcam remained off until I started the car. This must mean the car stops powering the usb port some time after the car is turned off. I set a timer for 20 minutes and will check the car to see if the camera is still on.
If forscan can be used on the new models the power on time of the port should be able to be shortened or lengthened as desired. This can be done on the S550.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My camera turned off around 1.5 hours after the car was off. Going to test it again to see if 1.5 hours is the time it takes for the car to turn off power to the USB port.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Alright, after two more tries I can confirm the car cuts power to the USB port after 1.5 hours.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
I got a 7mai 4K a810 dash cam and it looks like it’s got a setting to power down after no movement for a while. I’m hoping that will work. Has anyone else installed this camera in your s650?

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Alright, after two more tries I can confirm the car cuts power to the USB port after 1.5 hours.
Thanks for doing this. Any issues with a battery message? Now you have me thinking of just using the USB instead of the fuse box. I'm probably not going to have it parked in the public for much longer than that.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Thanks for doing this. Any issues with a battery message? Now you have me thinking of just using the USB instead of the fuse box. I'm probably not going to have it parked in the public for much longer than that.
No issues. I don't expect the battery impact to be too severe.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Anyone have pics of where they mounted theirs? I might stick it to the flat plastic area behind the mirror. Otherwise it's just too low for me.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
So is there a consensus on which dashcam would be best ?
Know nothing about dashcams and would really like to have a dashcam ready for when I take delivery of my S650
Sponsored