• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Take a Deep Breath

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Some people on this forum need to relax. I'm seeing people argue about panel gaps on prototypes and pre-production cars along with people arguing over price discrepancies with the configurator. Production hasn't even started yet and the 2023 Mustang is still listed online and in the configurator. Not trying to play devil's advocate, but obviously Ford is still trying to sort everything out which is why we aren't seeing other things such as press reviews, performance numbers, etc). Set low expectations and work up from that. The wait will be a lot more bearable.
Sponsored

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
The thread was locked. No need to start it up again elsewhere, you're only instigating, potentially, another argument whether you realize it or not...

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Maybe the production of the S650 is delayed because of the panel gap discussion. That's a good thing right? :cwl:
🤣 🤣 🤣

Yes, they need to chill out. The panel gaps on mustangs are not THAT bad.

Meanwhile over at Stellantis 💩 their panel gaps can hold tubes of tooth paste.

S650 Mustang Take a Deep Breath 1683134276347

That's right, calling you out Maserati, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat... 👀

ItsRoyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 mustang
Some people on this forum need to relax. I'm seeing people argue about panel gaps on prototypes and pre-production cars along with people arguing over price discrepancies with the configurator. Production hasn't even started yet and the 2023 Mustang is still listed online and in the configurator. Not trying to play devil's advocate, but obviously Ford is still trying to sort everything out which is why we aren't seeing other things such as press reviews, performance numbers, etc). Set low expectations and work up from that. The wait will be a lot more bearable.
Hahaha glad Im not the only one with this sentiment. So many ppl in a huff over preproduction lol. I know its exciting but sheesh. Arguing over silly nonsense.

Meanwhile Im just trying to not lose my shit as I impatiently await my dream ride 🙃

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
We know who you really are Ford Chat....

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I see that you literally joined the forum 1 month ago, but some of us have been waiting and stalking news on this car for years now. The timeline has been pushed back significantly in that time because of the pandemic. Ford's communication with its enthusiast base is terrible. If they dangle a huge press tour and then proceed to give 0 information about the production schedule, people will have complaints.

There is also 0 excuse for the configurator not to work properly at this point in time.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Don't just put it aside as hate towards the car. They sell this car as a brand new generation, showcasing panel gaps has nothing to do with talking down the car, but bring up concerns that Ford might not have increased the build quality.

For the configurator, I am always stunned how Ford released this buggy thing which can't even display your configuration or showing multiple perspectives of the car. We are in 2024, some companies even have a public 3d configurator after reveal of the car...

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
🤣 🤣 🤣

Yes, they need to chill out. The panel gaps on mustangs are not THAT bad.

Meanwhile over at Stellantis 💩 their panel gaps can hold tubes of tooth paste.

1683134276347.png

That's right, calling you out Maserati, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat... 👀
...According to web search results, the slogan “Quality is Job 1” had mixed effects on Ford’s sales and reputation. On one hand, the slogan increased awareness of Ford’s efforts to improve quality and address customer concerns1. On the other hand, the slogan did not translate into higher customer satisfaction or better quality ratings, as Ford still faced many problems with its products and services2. Some customers also saw the slogan as ironic or misleading, given Ford’s low quality at the time. The slogan was eventually replaced in 1998 by “Better ideas. Driven by you”... Has Ford ever had great quality. The answer is no but they are not the worst considering all of their recalls. Even Kelly Blue Book has stated the Ford Mustang's interior has inferior plastics.

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I see that you literally joined the forum 1 month ago, but some of us have been waiting and stalking news on this car for years now. The timeline has been pushed back significantly in that time because of the pandemic. Ford's communication with its enthusiast base is terrible. If they dangle a huge press tour and then proceed to give 0 information about the production schedule, people will have complaints.

There is also 0 excuse for the configurator not to work properly at this point in time.
I feel you. The wait has been tough on me, as i had the money and was ready to buy a Mach 1 last year, but wanted to wait until the reveal to see if anything sparked my interest. The Dark Horse did, so i chose to wait and get what i really wanted. These delays suck, although im sure they are trying their best. If i have to end up waiting until next year for my car, i wont be super happy.

I did expect a wait, as i followed the Mach 1 forums on M6G pretty closely and saw some pretty crazy wait times especially in 2021, but yeah I'm ready for my car.

OP
OP

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse

Totally understand. Before this I was trying to buy a Corvette over the last couple years and GM had the same issues (panel gaps, configurator not working, transmission issues, lack of communication, etc) even after the car released. I've been without a car for quite some time and also at the point of done waiting.

I just find it unnecessary to see some of these discussions on post-production topics/issues escalate when the car hasn't even started mass production.

Last edited:

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
TBH I always have the opposite feeling; that fans defend the company too much. You can like something and still be critical of it, ask any movie or pop-culture buff.

If I recall that last thread, the OP was simply stating their intention to check panel gaps on dealer allocations instead of doing a retail order, as the latter could cloud their judgement and leave them with a dud as far as build quality -- a sentiment not to dissimilar from a sticky thread on the 6g forums: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...watch-out-for-tips-with-a-happy-ending.19261/

I did not follow this advice with my recent 2023 order and regret it. The panel gaps are fine, but it's clear from the alignment sheet the chassis is crooked; so it seems one quality issue was traded for another.

Whether you take a fine-toothed comb to your potential purchase is your choice, but I can't see why it would hurt or why it's a bad thing at all. I mean, we all do the bag check at the drive-thru; why wouldn't you at least put the same amount of due diligence on a 50k+ sports car? Take it from somebody who didn't, haha.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
TBH I always have the opposite feeling; that fans defend the company too much. You can like something and still be critical of it, ask any movie or pop-culture buff.
Yeah, you don't have to be a fanboy just because you like something. Nothing is flawless, products can only improve if you leave room for not-hateful critics and pressure of competitors.

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, you don't have to be a fanboy just because you like something. Nothing is flawless, products can only improve if you leave room for not-hateful critics and pressure of competitors.
Exactly, thankee sai.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ace