• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
The dash looks sick and was a major factor in me pulling the trigger on an order. I don’t see why anyone would want older technology in a car, especially in 2024.

I’d be willing to bet everyone in here saying they hate the dash hasn’t even seen one in person. Yet every video I see, everyone is oooing and ahhing over the dash saying it looks awesome.
Sponsored

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I believe they should have integrated the dash screen the way BMW did with their cars 20-23 before they added the curved screen. But it is cheaper for them to make these kind of screens. It decreases the number of moving mechanical parts and mechanisms. So what probably had 10 parts to work now had 2. Allowing them to build more vehicles to without waiting on 100 different small parts.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
People keep saying “integrate”
Elaborate?
It looks pretty damn integrated to me.

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I literally placed my order when I saw the screens 🤷‍♂️

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It's the initial pivot, the first generation, towards providing infotainment, entertainment and gamification (words used in reviews) to vehicles' interiors. As the tech becomes cheaper, much of what's witnessed today should not be as clunky, obvious, or obnoxious in future builds (any vehicle). My hope anyway.

I also think it's part of the on-going segue to the next generation of owners.

I'm old school. When I get in my car, I want to feel it, smell it, hear it (the engine, trans and car). I take my phone, in airplane mode. I've never once listened to the radio. I love my manual trans.

Contrast my actions against so many others, whose constantly interacting with their devices and differing forms of media to this day brings me pause.

I'm not anti-tech or want to stay locked in the past. I like the idea of cutsomizing my dials, the information I want to see. I like the idea of pulling data from the car, to determine how well I'm fidning the limits of it. But I don't want to be constantly interacting with these systems, always having to push buttons, listen to announcements, beeps, blips, etc.

Function is most important to me. Everything has to have a purpose. Otherwise, I prefer to go without, turn it off or silence it. I don't want anything distracting me from driving and physically interacting with the car.

Last edited:

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I'm not anti-tech. I like tech. The only thing that bothers me is the design. If there was a screen inside the dash, I would appreciate it more.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I guess I'll chime in...I am in the middle on this. I love the look and feel of analog gauges, but I'm excited for the technology to change my instrument cluster at will. I like the one massive screen of the premium package. Would I like the screen set into the dash? Yes, but once you are behind the wheel you are unlikely to notice that they aren't integrated into the dash like the S550. Then there's the ambient lighting that you can customize. That's freaking awesome! Who wouldn't want to customizable options like that? I love the old school and was raised on it, but the new school tech is pretty cool and I, for one, am excited to see it in person.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
It could be better. But at least it feels like sitting in a sports car instead of what could also pass for gray scale SUV interior.
To be honest the dash layout in my 2020 Explorer ST was more sporty looking than the 2021 Mach 1 I also had was. I just hated the way Ford laid out the tablet.

I love the new 2024 Dash layout myself

Mach 1
S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend 2021 Mach1_7

Explorer ST
S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend 2020 Explorer ST_6

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I had a chance to buy a new 2023 Mach 1 and one of the factoring reasons why I did not was because the interior was basically the same as my 2015 LE, 2018 GT, 2020 Shelby and my 2021 Mach1.

As soon as I saw the new interior I was hooked on the 2024. Its what's pulling me back into another Mustang

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
To be honest the dash layout in my 2020 Explorer ST was more sporty looking than the 2021 Mach 1 I also had was. I just hated the way Ford laid out the tablet.

I love the new 2024 Dash layout myself

Mach 1

Explorer ST
2020 Explorer ST_6.jpg
This is kinda what I was expecting from this new Mustang interior except with the double cowl and Ford trying to shoehorn the Mach E screen in the middle. I actually don't mind the current digital gauge cluster but like the direction they took.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Would have liked to see a more intergraded screen design for the 2024. The spread across the IP and dash is alright, but just "incase" it if you will, or sink it down. If that makes sense.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
People keep saying “integrate”
Elaborate?
It looks pretty damn integrated to me.
By integrate we are talking about designing the screens to have a flow or design language with the rest of the interior, and not look like they are just tacked on top of a dash, where they stick up without any style or elegance. The S650 Mustang screens are just two screens but have the look of a larger single screen by way of a front piece of glass in the higher trim models. IMO a much better integration of two wide screens is the 2021 BMW M4 interior. There’s a “housing” for the gauge cluster, and the infotainment screen is integrated into the dash as the dash rises up around the infotainment screen and surrounds the gauge cluster screen in a housing.
S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend IMG_5005
S650 Mustang Tacked-on Infotainment Screens Trend IMG_5004

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
By integrate we are talking about designing the screens to have a flow or design language with the rest of the interior, and not look like they are just tacked on top of a dash, where they stick up without any style or elegance. The S650 Mustang screens are just two screens but have the look of a larger single screen by way of a front piece of glass in the higher trim models. IMO a much better integration of two wide screens is the 2021 BMW M4 interior. There’s a “housing” for the gauge cluster, and the infotainment screen is integrated into the dash as the dash rises up around the infotainment screen and surrounds the gauge cluster screen in a housing.
IMG_5005.jpeg
IMG_5004.jpeg
THIS....Thank you. The dual billboards look isn't overly pleasing (in the Mustang).

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
The 2 you showed looked old compared to the mustang… I bet they copy our layout in newer vehicles.

I wouldn’t want a dashboard blocking my screen or limiting its sizing.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
It’s kinda like Justin Bieber sells a lot of albums. He sucks, and isn’t a good musician, but people still buy them in big numbers. The tacked on dash is the same but in a car interior. The integration sucks, but people see it and think “tech!!!”. It still sucks despite people buying into it. Not having buttons in general sucks for functionality.
So, Justin Bieber is a flat screen and Kansas / Rush are analog gauges...I think I got it.
Sponsored