• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Supercharger, Turbos, or Procharger (centrifugal)?

preferred air compressor

• Total voters

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
so continuing off of a question i asked earlier this week what are those of you who plan on doing FI planning on using?

obviously Superchargers are a staple for the American muscle car scene, but ive seen a lot of good builds with mustangs, especially a few kits ive seen from Hellion over the years. And an online buddy of mine used to drive a Procharged '09, im curious to see what everyone's preferred option is when it comes to forced induction.

full disclosure ive never run FI on a mustang.
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Whipple...

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
2nd on Whipple. I plan to install one on our 24 once they become available.

I have tried all forms of forced induction. Each has their quirks and advantages...but I prefer a positive displacement blower on a street car. You cannot beat the instant torque they make.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
3rd on Whipple. But only after I enjoy that NA Coyote for a while.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i've never owned an already powerful car that has been boosted, but if i ever get around to it, whipple supercharger no doubt. wouldn't catch me dead with a roush

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
2nd on Whipple. I plan to install one on our 24 once they become available.

I have tried all forms of forced induction. Each has their quirks and advantages...but I prefer a positive displacement blower on a street car. You cannot beat the instant torque they make.
My buddy/sponsor (Whipple dealer) if you will had his GT350 with a Gen 3 on it. Made 845 whp. With the 6 speed man, OMG, that thing was a handful, but a rocket.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
It really comes down to tuning. If you can't tune the setup then the setup does't work. At the moment I believe Whipple is the only one with a kit in the works where tuning isn't an issue. They have access to it already. If the other forced induction manufacturers eventually gain access it will be nice to see.

However there's nothing wrong with a Gen6 3.0L Whipple as it's going to make plenty of power and be 50 state legal once it passes emissions testing.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'll be doing a Whipple also. Had a Whipple on my F150 and it was perfect year-round. Perfect drivability and excellent customer service.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll be doing a Whipple also. Had a Whipple on my F150 and it was perfect year-round. Perfect drivability and excellent customer service.
Best in the biz that's for sure! We'll have some S650 Whipple content shortly. Stay tuned!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ProCharger all day! Love the sound and from my research perform best in hot af temps (Texas)
Procharger is indeed another awesome brand. We've been selling them for many years. It will be interesting to see how quickly they can get the tuning side of it down with the new PCM's the S650 has.

MontegoRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM Power Wagon
Interested to see how Whipple integrates with the twin throttle bodies. I'm an engineer, and it's hurting my head to try to come up with ways to make them both work. Throttle body ahead of the SC means a mess of hoses and then how to you interface with the intake manifold? Throttle body after the SC would solve those issues, but require dual outlet from the SC. Not to get into the differences between placement of throttle body vs. SC. Thoughts?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interested to see how Whipple integrates with the twin throttle bodies. I'm an engineer, and it's hurting my head to try to come up with ways to make them both work. Throttle body ahead of the SC means a mess of hoses and then how to you interface with the intake manifold? Throttle body after the SC would solve those issues, but require dual outlet from the SC. Not to get into the differences between placement of throttle body vs. SC. Thoughts?
The Whipple kit for the S650 will have dual airboxes and a large single throttle body. The dual air intakes will Y into the single throttle body.

MontegoRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM Power Wagon
How does that affect the airflow to the manifold, though? Going with a single throttle body defeats what they did on the front end of the manifold and I feel like it'll cause airflow issues having a huge intake hose going to what should be two throttle body intakes.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Procharger is indeed another awesome brand. We've been selling them for many years. It will be interesting to see how quickly they can get the tuning side of it down with the new PCM's the S650 has.
I'm hoping ESS is one of the first to market, been seeing lots of successful ESS builds
Sponsored