• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Supercharger, Turbos, or Procharger (centrifugal)?

preferred air compressor

• Total voters

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
How does that affect the airflow to the manifold, though? Going with a single throttle body defeats what they did on the front end of the manifold and I feel like it'll cause airflow issues having a huge intake hose going to what should be two throttle body intakes.
Trust me there won't be any issues with airflow at all. These kits are already in testing and from what I hear have been performing amazing. The intake tubes will be large, the inlet on the blower is huge and it will be fed by a large single throttle body. Extensive flow testing is done on not only the blower/manifold but all other intake components. From that the design is improved upon until they are completely satisfied with the results.
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping ESS is one of the first to market, been seeing lots of successful ESS builds
As mentioned tuning will be the biggest hurdle for all of the forced induction companies. If you don't have access to the tuning the kit itself won't really mean much.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
ProCharger all day! Love the sound and from my research perform best in hot af temps (Texas)

My procharger was awful out here in the Az temps.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They make a great kit. Just don't think they have the cooling technology that Whipple does on their Gen 5/6 blowers. Any of my Gen 5 blowers have no heat soak whatsoever. My 2020 GT500 CFTP with the 3.8L went 8's without any cooling mods other than what comes with the Whipple kit (intercooler, stock heat exchanger, no trunk mount ice tank). ACT temps looked great on the logs from all of my 9.0 runs and my 8.86@163 pass.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
They make a great kit. Just don't think they have the cooling technology that Whipple does on their Gen 5/6 blowers. Any of my Gen 5 blowers have no heat soak whatsoever. My 2020 GT500 CFTP with the 3.8L went 8's without any cooling mods other than what comes with the Whipple kit (intercooler, stock heat exchanger, no trunk mount ice tank). ACT temps looked great on the logs from all of my 9.0 runs and my 8.86@163 pass.
Would love some explanation on this. With a centrifugal, there's a whole intercooler. I don't see how a top mount intercooler could stay remotely cool considering it's acting as a pump. Does the air go through a cooler? what is this heat exchanger you speak of?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would love some explanation on this. With a centrifugal, there's a whole intercooler. I don't see how a top mount intercooler could stay remotely cool considering it's acting as a pump. Does the air go through a cooler? what is this heat exchanger you speak of?
Prochargers use air/air intercoolers which don't use fluid to help cool the air being compressed into the engine. It's just using air outside of the vehicle to pass through the fins of the intercooler to help cool the air inside of it before it enters the engine.

Whipple uses water/air intercoolers with a reservoir to intercooler pump, and heat exchanger to help cool the intake charge temps. Coolant flows through the heat exchanger and then into the intercooler brick before it recirculates back to the heat exchanger. Air enters the inlet of the supercharger at the throttle body. It's then compressed by the supercharger where it goes through the intercooler one time and then passes back down the intercooler for it's second pass before entering the intake runners. It's a dual core/dual pass design which as I mentioned is a very advanced and efficient intercooler setup compared to others.

Hope that helps.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Prochargers use air/air intercoolers which don't use fluid to help cool the air being compressed into the engine. It's just using air outside of the vehicle to pass through the fins of the intercooler to help cool the air inside of it before it enters the engine.

Whipple uses water/air intercoolers with a reservoir to intercooler pump, and heat exchanger to help cool the intake charge temps. Coolant flows through the heat exchanger and then into the intercooler brick before it recirculates back to the heat exchanger. Air enters the inlet of the supercharger at the throttle body. It's then compressed by the supercharger where it goes through the intercooler one time and then passes back down the intercooler for it's second pass before entering the intake runners. It's a dual core/dual pass design which as I mentioned is a very advanced and efficient intercooler setup compared to others.

Hope that helps.
I had no idea there was any coolant or internal intercooler with the Whipple. Great to know!

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Procharger is indeed another awesome brand. We've been selling them for many years. It will be interesting to see how quickly they can get the tuning side of it down with the new PCM's the S650 has.
How many miles on 24 Mustang before installing Wipple, ProCharger etc? Thanks
Sponsored