• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Strut Tower brace

bmbl-bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Just took delivery of my 24 GT premium Convertible. Non Performance package. 10 speed auto and active exhaust. My car has the strut tower brace. Looked at another car almost identical to mine on the lot and the strut brace was missing. Did they add it to my car by mistake?
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Probably not. Look at your window sticker and see if it says under Functional "STRUT TWR BRACE W/BADGE". If it says that, it wasn't added by mistake. I might have to do with the Premium package but more likely it would be tied to a handling package.

OP
OP

bmbl-bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just checked my window sticker. No mention of the strut brace under the functional list. Only options on the car are 401A, 10 speed auto, 19" Brembo Brakes and active exhaust.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Just took delivery of my 24 GT premium Convertible. Non Performance package. 10 speed auto and active exhaust. My car has the strut tower brace. Looked at another car almost identical to mine on the lot and the strut brace was missing. Did they add it to my car by mistake?
Likely triggered by the car being a convertible. They’re just trying to eliminate any remote possibility of chassis flex.

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
No brace installed on my convert 401A

Lucky bastard! LOL

OP
OP

bmbl-bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha. I guess I was lucky. Surprised when I opened the hood. My salesman said--damn-that shouldn't be there.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
No brace installed on my convert 401A

Lucky bastard! LOL
It costs just under $100 and does make a noticeable difference

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We have a strut brace on our car. Non PP but it’s a premium. Our sticker says nothing of a strut brace. We noticed the other convertible we were looking at didn’t have it and it had the same package as ours with the added brembo upgrade.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
My conv does have the strut brace. Premium conv 401a, brembo brakes, active exhaust. No mention on the window sticker.... prod date is 9/2023
Maybe its added with the Active Exhaust ?
S650 Mustang Strut Tower brace 20231125_201412

Last edited:

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I'm thinking about taking mine off. It makes checking the oil a pain in the butt. Not sure how much difference the brace makes in every day driving.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I think it’s due to the added Brembo brakes. I think i saw something about that in another thread on here somewhere

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe GT, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have brembos and and active exhaust, but no brace. From asking around, it seems that its just really random that some people got it and some didn't. Asked Ford but no one was able to give me an answer why.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
I think it’s due to the added Brembo brakes. I think i saw something about that in another thread on here somewhere
Maybe, but not on my 2020 GT Premium convertible. It has the brace but no Brembos. It does have AE but I can’t see where that should require a brace. Maybe it’s my Rapid Red paint. đŸ„Ž

It‘s really a shame that Ford doesn’t have somewhere a consumer could call with easy questions like this.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Maybe, but not on my 2020 GT Premium convertible. It has the brace but no Brembos. It does have AE but I can’t see where that should require a brace. Maybe it’s my Rapid Red paint. đŸ„Ž

It‘s really a shame that Ford doesn’t have somewhere a consumer could call with easy questions like this.
2020?
Sponsored