• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Strike

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Yes, so far … until they’re called to “stand up and strike”

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
You know, after Ford has presented solid offers, the best by far of the three, this is unfortunate. But then I think about our good friend Shawn Fain. Top 5-10 UAW brass makes $200-300k per year. It's a business. They have over $1B in assets. 690 employees. They may be just as, or more, interested in helping grow their UAW business and own salaries as anything else.

I just hope it ends better for everyone, because it's risking a lot.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.npr.org/2023/09/15/1199673197/uaw-strike-big-3-automakers

"Instead, workers at three Midwest auto plants — a General Motors assembly plant in Wentzville, Missouri, a Stellantis assembly plant in Toledo, Ohio, and part of a Ford plant in Wayne, Mich. -- were the first to walk off the job under UAW president Shawn Fain's "stand up strike" strategy.

For now, that means the strike involves just under 13,000 workers — less than 9% of UAW membership at the three companies."

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66803278

Last edited:

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
And so it begins

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
So Flat Rock is safe? Will it be operational as normal from tomorrow?
Doesn't really matter since they are just going to build cars that won't be delivered. Without the teamsters, who are striking with UAW, no cars will be delivered to the dealerships.

Hopefully the teamsters are holding off going on strike until the big push, but I haven't seen anything that says one way or the other this morning. I'll be calling my dealer to get an update from the Twin Oaks, PA train yard this morning to see if they are still getting cars picked up or not. My cars been there for over a week.

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Even if flat rock isn't striking... with the way quality has been... not sure I want mine built by a bunch of UAW workers wishing they were on strike...

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Even if flat rock isn't striking... with the way quality has been... not sure I want mine built by a bunch of UAW workers wishing they were on strike...
How about if the line does eventually grind to halt and has to be picked back up weeks or months later. Most of the line has computers to tell when the specific job is done, but who's going to catch the couple of bolts that were only partially screwed down and won't be noticed until a few miles have passed under it. My car is scheduled to be built the week of 9/25 and I'm not so sure I want to take delivery of a car that went through a strike and or plant shutdown.

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
How about if the line does eventually grind to halt and has to be picked back up weeks or months later. Most of the line has computers to tell when the specific job is done, but who's going to catch the couple of bolts that were only partially screwed down and won't be noticed until a few miles have passed under it. My car is scheduled to be built the week of 9/25 and I'm not so sure I want to take delivery of a car that went through a strike and or plant shutdown.
yeah... mine is scheduled on the same week.... I don't have a great feeling, i'll say that much

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I don't see this lasting long. But if its does these companies are not losing money. They have insurance for this kind of stuff and they know they will get tax money to offset any losses also. I get the strike, I'm for it for a short period. But not a long one because of an increase in taxes this would cause and how the economy is trying to get going. I think this kind of strike can't be too strong due to these companies being essential and stuff. However, if this was a hospital, the union would have way more leverage and power. People don't need cars like that to get around and not many people are actually hurt. A hospital strike, lives are on the line so the hospital is forced to accepted after awhile.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.npr.org/2023/09/16/1199...mporary-layoffs-with-no-compensation-due-to-s

"Ford sent home about 600 workers at its Michigan plant on Friday because of strike-related production issues. Citing similar reasons, General Motors has also warned that 2,000 workers at its Fairfax assembly plant in Kansas are expected to be out of work by early next week."

"About 600 workers at Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant's body construction department and south sub-assembly area of integrated stamping were told not to report to work on Friday because the components they produce require e-coating. According to Ford, e-coating is a protection measure completed by the facility's paint department, which went on strike."

Edit: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/16/ste...on-protection-to-uaw-as-strikes-continue.html

"Stellantis said Saturday that its most recent proposal to the United Auto Workers includes raises of nearly 21% over the course of the contract, including an immediate 10% pay increase, and the end of wage tiers for some workers..."

Last edited:

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 oxford white blue stripe, sold. 2020 oxford white GT500 waiting to come home.
Does anyone know if cars are still shipping out if they have been released. Mine was released on 9/10 and I am only 45 minutes from Flat Rock. ETA says 9/17-9/23. Dealer does not know. Hopefully 🙏 will show up this week.