• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Still without front parking sensors/camera and HUD?

murick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Whilst I agree about the lack of front parking sensors, I’ve kind of got used to it now. What I could never understand though is why the UK/Euro spec cars don’t get a memory function on the drivers seat when US cars have them. Another single wiring issue? In any event, it winds me right up. It’s probably the single most frustrating thing about my car.
I guess the Ford implementation with having the manual back adjust with motorized seat must be such a unique design that maybe the guys at Ford Europe thought it would be too much to digest for the European market.

Or they could only put the memory buttons into the left door, which might not be that appreciated by the folks driving from the wrong seat :wink:.

I guess it must have been for a serious reason, definitely not for saving 20 bucks on the three plastic buttons (I would bet the harness is already there).
Sponsored

Bman5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
are we sure that front parking sensors are not installed on the new mustangs? I sure hope they are. It is highly irritating that they haven’t been on the current mustangs.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
are we sure that front parking sensors are not installed on the new mustangs? I sure hope they are. It is highly irritating that they haven’t been on the current mustangs.
No one can be 100% sure but so far no S650 had these sensors... Besides, the DH even lacks the rear sensors so...

Rumors had it that the S650 would use a heavily modified D2C platform but if they didn’t even fix the wiring I’m afraid this is everything BUT a new car… So far we have updated optics and minor tweaks to the engine… However, charging 60K+ for a car and not offering simple basics would be a shame. In addition, the S650 might have a locked ECU and would therefore be easily outperformed by any modified S550… Moreover, peak HP might be easier to achieve with a Gen3 Coyote…

Bottom line, I like the exterior and I’m OK with the interior. However, the car seems to offer almost exactly the same things compared to a S550 with the “minor” downside that it’ll cost a fortune…

OP
OP

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
No one can be 100% sure but so far no S650 had these sensors... Besides, the DH even lacks the rear sensors so...

Rumors had it that the S650 would use a heavily modified D2C platform but if they didn’t even fix the wiring I’m afraid this is everything BUT a new car… So far we have updated optics and minor tweaks to the engine… However, charging 60K+ for a car and not offering simple basics would be a shame. In addition, the S650 might have a locked ECU and would therefore be easily outperformed by any modified S550… Moreover, peak HP might be easier to achieve with a Gen3 Coyote…

Bottom line, I like the exterior and I’m OK with the interior. However, the car seems to offer almost exactly the same things compared to a S550 with the “minor” downside that it’ll cost a fortune…
That's what I think, it's not a new car... It's just a simple facelift, but they are gonna sell it like a 100% new one (with higher price too). I could even accept this, but goodness... Front camera or sensors doesn't depend on the platform!

Anyone now if it's possible to add front camera in SYNC 4? It was in SYNC 3...

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
Absolutely, it could have been added, but I suspect it wasn't for intentional reasons. There are a lot of factors in play here; everything from supply issues/chip shortages, sales demographics and finally price point.

You said it yourself; the Bronco and F150 have a 360 camera? If they added it to the Mustang then Ford would have to split their 360 camera inventory between the Bronco, the F150 and the Mustang this further exacerbates the supply/chip issues and adds more delays to all three cars. The HUD would have been nice for sure, however, that again would have to be taken out of Ford's overall holistic stockpile and divided between the two vehicles.

That is just one example of why it is the way it is.

Many of the more affordable, non-luxury brand cars aren't about building the best, most all-encompassing awesomeness ever. They are about making what they can, charging what they can, and cranking out as much of them as possible. When you have a brand that has multiple vehicles and trim levels across them they look at things at scale and not as individual lines.
Oh here we go again blaming the
"supply chain" Yeah right vehicle manufacturers just cheap out where ever they think they can it's possible to get parts from other suppliers or actually crack down on the current suppliers you have and demand on time delivery of the requested parts but in reality Ford and many other manufacturers are creating supply and demand by withholding product and claiming that there is not enough availability of said product, it helps to make people think something is in higher demand than it really is so that they want it more and may be willing to pay extra to get it sooner. I.E dealer markups.

OP
OP

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
Having in mind that finally it has neither front camera nor front sensor... Does anybody know if there is any option to add it for Sync4? Has anyone done it in their broncos/F150?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I am much more leaning towards they calculated how much it would cost to upgrade the S550 harness for more features an just thought it's not necessary to have a front camera or sensor - For cars that go up to $70k... At least we finally get rear parking sensors on Dark Horse, that was the biggest joke of cost cutting in the Mach 1.

OP
OP

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive