• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Steering error message

Aggie1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 PREM GT
Has anybody else gotten this:

Steering system has detected an internal error. This
may result in increased steering efforts

I got this error earlier today, but it's not there now. I'm trying to decide if we just have buggy new cars, or if I need to take it in and be without a car for a few days.
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
As you are new here, we have been seeing a number of flakes like this that are caused by battery problems. If your car is new, you should put it on a charger. If it's not so new and you don't drive it much, the battery could be running down on you. Last but not least. the batteries Ford puts in the car don't seem to be the most reliable and several site members have had them replaced under warranty. If it is a battery issue, it can be tested in a few minutes and you could be away from the dealer in under an hour.

OP
OP
Aggie1999

Aggie1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 PREM GT
I have 2000 miles on it, but I still call that new. So I'll take your advice and make sure the battery is straight. I appreciate it.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
even brand new vehicles can have batteries weak, i've seen a few F-150s come off the transporter with a "12V Battery State Of Charge" message. i recommend taking it to a dealer so they can test the battery, and if it fails it will be covered by the 3 year/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty. testing the battery is stupid easy, and all dealers should have a fair amount of the battery that the vehicle takes, so you should be in and out in an hour tops

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
I had the same message pop up a few weeks after getting my 24 GT. It was on Oct 13. I restarted the car and the message went away. Haven't seen it since. I saved the message in my Ford Pass App just in case it pops back up.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Has anybody else gotten this:

Steering system has detected an internal error. This
may result in increased steering efforts

I got this error earlier today, but it's not there now. I'm trying to decide if we just have buggy new cars, or if I need to take it in and be without a car for a few days.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Sponsored