• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

general error 21000

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Got this CEL and then cleared it and service soon pooped on now. Ideas? I saw some people said check wiring.. but where lol and some said battery
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Also Notice tonight while checking this out... I have this high pitched squeak various speed and rpms but it's happening as I'm hitting the gas. Not that whoosh you get from air being sucked in when u Rev and let off real quick but a semi quiet high pitched sqeak like door opening kinda squeak and I'm noticing a little burn smell almost like plastic. But when I jump out and pop hood I don't smell it. Only inside the car. Thoughts?

Never noticed until tonight bc I always drive with track exhaut but after the CEL I drove around quiet mode to see what I heard

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The smell I don't know. There isn't a direct connection between the gas peddle and the engine. Instead there is a sensor on the gas peddle and a stepping motor on the engine to position the intake. You may be hearing the stepping motor.
The idea behind this is the computer only allows enough air in the engine for the revolutions it's turning. That solves a bunch of engine control problems and allows you as much power as the engine is able to produce.

OP
OP

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yea it sounds outside the car when I have the window down and my head out lol so that motor sounds like a potential cause.. I swapped air filters today to KN and removed carbon traps

Ford app sent this
S650 Mustang general error 21000 Screenshot_20231004-225117_FordPass

S650 Mustang general error 21000 Screenshot_20231004-225156_FordPass

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Yea it sounds outside the car when I have the window down and my head out lol so that motor sounds like a potential cause.. I swapped air filters today to KN and removed carbon traps

Ford app sent this
Screenshot_20231004-225117_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20231004-225156_FordPass.jpg
I thought I read in another thread that K&N haven't released a 2024 filter yet?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Ford app sent this
Screenshot_20231004-225117_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20231004-225156_FordPass.jpg
Dead give away then. Put the OEM filters back on, as the universal filters you have likely aren't sealing. . The noise makes me think this even more. You have both MAFs plugged in?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Also Notice tonight while checking this out... I have this high pitched squeak various speed and rpms but it's happening as I'm hitting the gas. Not that whoosh you get from air being sucked in when u Rev and let off real quick but a semi quiet high pitched sqeak like door opening kinda squeak and I'm noticing a little burn smell almost like plastic. But when I jump out and pop hood I don't smell it. Only inside the car. Thoughts?

Never noticed until tonight bc I always drive with track exhaut but after the CEL I drove around quiet mode to see what I heard
Out of curiosity, are your airbox lids secure and sealing properly? I noticed in the other thread it kinda looks like the new replacement air filters make the airbox bulge on the far side.

edit: acknowledged the boxes have a slight form to them.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I tried quoting but it's not working on my phone.

Lethal: the sit tightly around the seal and the metal clamp I have tight too, both sensors plugged in, unplugged inspected and back in

Zig: correct the boxes have a slight bend on the fenders side. No, the lids were not on, didn't think it was important if they were but maybe that's wrong?

Anger: correct

As of now the service wrench went away and I cleared the general code. Drove it on side streets for 20 min from 10 to 60 mph little hard pulling nothing crazy and no pop up signals yet. I'll double check seal and keep it how it is see if it happens again.

Thing is I drove about 35 miles before the CEL came on to begin with

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Thing is I drove about 35 miles before the CEL came on to begin with
You went from breathing through a corrugated straw to a wide open pipe. It’s gonna freak until she gets (if she can with the stock tune) used to it.

usually she will either throw a code right away or by 50-100 miles. Different sequence of tests are completed at different mileage (engine hours) or cycles. Basically if you get past 100 miles no light chances are the mod is fine. Fine being relative.

OP
OP

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
What's even better is it happened at almost 1000miles on the nose haha. I put so many miles on bc I drove 4.5 hrs away to pick it up.
Sponsored