• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Check again, brolka dot. I said I don't hate the feature as much as many of the rednecks here. That does not imply either that everyone here is a redneck nor that everyone who dislikes the feature is a redneck. All it means is that there are some rednecks/Luddites here, and they blindly and flagrantly hate this feature. Once again, this post came right after I myself was shitting on the feature, dude. If you think that comment applied to you, well I don't know what to tell you...
You're splitting hairs Brocephus. Then what makes you think they're "rednecks" if all you know about them is that they hate the feature? Exactly
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
You're splitting hairs Brocephus. Then what makes you think they're "rednecks" if all you know about them is that they hate the feature? Exactly
Brotato, I was making a tongue-in-cheek jab at people who are afraid of technology and/or think climate change is a hoax. I obviously don't think even the people I'm describing are literally rednecks by the Webster definition.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Brotato, I was making a tongue-in-cheek jab at people who are afraid of technology and/or think climate change is a hoax. I obviously don't think even the people I'm describing are literally rednecks by most definitions.
Haha, so exactly what I've been saying you said Edgar Allan Bro. You're calling some users on this forum rednecks when you know little about them except they don't like the start/stop feature.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha, so exactly what I've been saying you said Edgar Allan Bro. You're calling some users on this forum rednecks when you know little about them except they don't like the start/stop feature.
... I think you're connecting some of the wrong dots, brotein. I'm not saying people are rednecks because they don't like start/stop. I'm saying that some people are rednecks, and because of that, they have an irrational disdain for start/stop. And I'm also not saying it in a way that was ever meant to be interpreted as a serious statement of fact.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full circle. Agreed.
Edited in a more thorough reply after realizing I somewhat misread your reply... either way, yeah, this horse wasn't worth keeping alive about 10 posts ago lulz.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Edited in a more thorough reply after realizing I somewhat misread your reply... either way, yeah, this horse wasn't worth keeping alive about 10 posts ago lulz.
Haha, well I could reply to that with something, but I'm just gonna end it here because the author of the thread is probably getting an email every post lol 🫡

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I have the stop/start feature on another Ford vehicle I own. I don't care on that vehicle because it's not a performance vehicle. If you think someone that is paying $70k on a V8 performance muscle car wants a start/stop feature, then as Bill Engvall would say... "Here's your sign".
Seems not to be a problem as people are buying them!

There are MUCH more expensive higher performance cars with S/S. Try Ferrari 812 Superfast, Bentley Continental GT etc. Hey some of them are even hybrids, McLaren P1 or Ferrari 296 anyone?

If you want a V8 without stop/start just buy an OLD V8 without stop start. The rest of us have moved on....

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

A10devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350

There are MUCH more expensive higher performance cars with S/S. Try Ferrari 812 Superfast, Bentley Continental GT etc. Hey some of them are even hybrids, McLaren P1 or Ferrari 296 anyone?

If you want a V8 without stop/start just buy an OLD V8 without stop start. The rest of us have moved on....
"Rest of us", meaning people, in general, by default? Are you unable to accept the fact some people just plainly don't like start/stop? Why the white knighting for the guy who clearly generalized an entire forum as rednecks?

After reading through the thread, you're the one being confrontational to others, and just can't leave it alone.

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
... I think you're connecting some of the wrong dots, brotein. I'm not saying people are rednecks because they don't like start/stop. I'm saying that some people are rednecks, and because of that, they have an irrational disdain for start/stop. And I'm also not saying it in a way that was ever meant to be interpreted as a serious statement of fact.
Here you go again.

Any person who strongly dislikes A.S.S. is now, in addition to being a redneck, irrational. I just don’t think that name calling thing is working out well for you.

Here’s some light reading if you have time:

https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Rest of us", meaning people, in general, by default? Are you unable to accept the fact some people just plainly don't like start/stop? Why the white knighting for the guy who clearly generalized an entire forum as rednecks?

After reading through the thread, you're the one being confrontational to others, and just can't leave it alone.
It doesn't matter two hoots whether you like it or not - that is what is going to happen. You can scream at the sky as much as you like but if you don't want a car with s/s then you will not be buying a new Mustang (or most other cars)

Not confrontational - just reality.

Feel free to ignore me!

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
The ones that people bought don't have them lol The start/stop starts on job 2. My 2024 doesn't have it.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ones that people bought don't have them lol The start/stop starts on job 2. My 2024 doesn't have it.
LOL, so are the order books empty now?

Job 2 started 4th December so some of those cars could well be close to delivery now. Maybe the world will end for Mustang production, but I suspect not....LOL

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
LOL, so are the order books empty now?

Job 2 started 4th December so some of those cars could well be close to delivery now. Maybe the world will end for Mustang production, but I suspect not....LOL
There are only like a thousand unscheduled in the order banks. Besides, you can still not like a feature and buy the car. Nobody likes 100% of everything in their vehicle.
Sponsored