• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Hitting home hard :crackup:
Are you saying that's good? Not terrible, but not good. The previous model sold just under 100,000 the first year. So having 1000 in the order bank..

And no one is saying they're not going to buy it because of that. They're saying they don't like the feature. Costs a couple of buck to bypass it.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
IMO, the auto/stop is dumb and I'm glad I didn't get that option with my GT. I have always had it turned off with a tuner/program or hardware. I just installed a module in my sons Honda. Getting ready to permanently disable it in my Bronco.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
IMO, the auto/stop is dumb and I'm glad I didn't get that option with my GT. I have always had it turned off with a tuner/program or hardware. I just installed a module in my sons Honda. Getting ready to permanently disable it in my Bronco.
Based on what?

It has PROVEN benefits.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on what?

It has PROVEN benefits.
Why produce/introduce the potential for failure? Each time the engine is stopped at a light or wherever without the operator in control it introduces the ā€˜potentialā€™ for a failure. It is stopping a started process no guaranty the process will begin anew especially since youā€™ve done what you are supposed to do and for some reason the system has determinedā€¦

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why produce/introduce the potential for failure? Each time the engine is stopped at a light or wherever without the operator in control it introduces the ā€˜potentialā€™ for a failure. It is stopping a started process no guaranty the process will begin anew especially since youā€™ve done what you are supposed to do and for some reason the system has determinedā€¦
There is NO evidence for this. You are just shouting at the sky again....

S/S systems have been used for a long time on millions of vehicles, reliably. More recent systems don't even have a starter motor any more, they use an ISG MHEV system.

Stop-start engines and engine idling ā€“ the law and common myths revealed | RAC Drive

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Provide evidence, and whilst doing so consider how the total 'numerous reports' compare to the number of cars fitted with s/s
Am I limited to only class action suits or are you open to all documented complaints?
Sponsored