• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I have had it in my last 3 F 150s, you get used to it.

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
S650 Mustang Start/Stop IMG_0870

going onto the fords build website ..they are adding the start/stop crap to all mustangs ..even the V8s ..except for the manual tranny

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
My 2024 GT convertible with A10, does not have start/stop...and prod date is 09/23...

Last edited:

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I am still waiting on mine but I have been watching YouTube videos where we can set different profiles. - the profiles have a setting about start/stop and it appears it can be set to off.
I wonder if anyone has actually tried it to see if it works. I hope it does!
The custom mode will save your start/stop selection, but you do need to reselect your custom mode using the steering wheel after each restart. It's one press up on the mode buttons.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Ecoboost has it, GT doesn't have it. Discussed previously here :)

1703690062704.png
This order guide is obsolete by several revisions!
Get the latest from here.
@Rocket, know this, we do appreciate you.

S650 Mustang Start/Stop ASS.JPG

Coming to the GT!
This was always a late availability item from the beginning.

However, the current Order Guide suggests it will be a free standing option, and not baked-in as standard, like it is with the Ecoboost. Whether it's an A10 or MT82-D4 transmission is irrelevant.

S650 Mustang Start/Stop ASS2.JPG

Clear as mud?

An assumption was made that Auto Stop/Start was going to be added with Job 2.

According to the marketing officially released by Ford of Australia 7 weeks ago, it suggests we'll be getting this BS.

S650 Mustang Start/Stop ASS-AU

First allocation of our RHD variants are scheduled to be built mid January in Job 2.
We wait and see.

The annoyance factor with a manual will depend on how Ford implements the feature.

If I pull up to a set of lights, clutch in, throw it into neutral, and apply the brakes.
The computer waits until vehicle is not moving, the ASS system engages and stops the engine.
Lights go green.
One foot remains on the brake as I press the clutch in, at which point the car starts again.
(Clutch activated).
By the time I engage 1st, release clutch and brake, the engine is running, so it should be seamless.

ie; there is a linear progression, unlike an auto which has only two states; go or stop.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

ASS.JPG

Coming to the GT!

However, the current Order Guide suggests it will be a free standing option, and not baked-in as standard, like it is with the Ecoboost. Whether it's an A10 or MT82-D4 transmission is irrelevant.

ASS2.JPG

Clear as mud?

According to the marketing officially released by Ford of Australia 7 weeks ago, it suggests we'll be getting this BS.

ASS-AU.jpg

First allocation of our RHD variants are scheduled to be built mid January in Job 2.
We wait and see.

The annoyance factor with a manual will depend on how Ford implements the feature.

If I pull up to a set of lights, clutch in, throw it into neutral, and apply the brakes.
The computer waits until vehicle is not moving, the ASS system engages and stops the engine.
Lights go green.
One foot remains on the brake as I press the clutch in, at which point the car starts again.
(Clutch activated).
By the time I engage 1st, release clutch and brake, the engine is running, so it should be seamless.

ie; there is a linear progression, unlike an auto which has only two states; go or stop.
At this point why even turn it off it will self timeout. Just a huge inconvenience.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150

ASS.JPG

Coming to the GT!

ASS2.JPG

Clear as mud?

ASS-AU.jpg

We wait and see.

Lights go green.
(Clutch activated).

Who in their right mind would choose this option? I would seriously love to see how much fuel is actually saved with this in regular driving vs a traffic jam.