• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Splash Shield/Mud Guard/Fender Flare to protect paint

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
Looks good but are you sure about those part numbers? If I google them, I get bumper parts.

I put the Dark Horse Handling Package fender "flares" on the rear of the Ecoboost... perfect fit.
Part numbers are:
left: PR3Z-17D943-BA
right: PR3Z-17D942-BA
(Thanks roket for part numbers)
1000008047.jpg
Sponsored

BYBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
I wasn't sure about those. Simply clipping on seems a bit flimsy to me. How are they doing?
So far, so good. They don’t recommend leaving them on for cash washes, but I don’t plan on using an automated wash anyways.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Looks good but are you sure about those part numbers? If I google them, I get bumper parts.
Yes, those are the part numbers (courtesy of roket)... yeah, the description is misleading.

Woobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Any update on fender guards?
Installed the ZL1 splashguards mentioned earlier in the thread. Only option I found at the time and wanted them on before I drove too much. I did not like the rear install as you have to apply a small rubber block to the inside of the fender at the top of the guard. The first one I tried to apply did not stick and I had to use an adhesive to get the block to stick. Other side stuck fine. Overall I am happy with them, but have not had the car out much due to the cindered roads living in the North East.

S650 Mustang Splash Shield/Mud Guard/Fender Flare to protect paint Front Inside View.JPG

S650 Mustang Splash Shield/Mud Guard/Fender Flare to protect paint Rear Inside View.JPG

S650 Mustang Splash Shield/Mud Guard/Fender Flare to protect paint Front Outside View.JPG

S650 Mustang Splash Shield/Mud Guard/Fender Flare to protect paint Rear Outside View.JPG

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Installed the ZL1 splashguards mentioned earlier in the thread. Only option I found at the time and wanted them on before I drove too much. I did not like the rear install as you have to apply a small rubber block to the inside of the fender at the top of the guard. The first one I tried to apply did not stick and I had to use an adhesive to get the block to stick. Other side stuck fine. Overall I am happy with them, but have not had the car out much due to the cindered roads living in the North East.

Front Inside View.JPG

Rear Inside View.JPG

Front Outside View.JPG

Rear Outside View.JPG
I had the ZL1 mudguards on my S550 for over 30k miles and have had them on for over 7k miles on my S650. No issues. They work.

Woobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Last edited:

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Thanks for this info guys! A whole 400 miles on my DH & rock chips already! RIDICULOUS! I'm in on the ZL1 splash guards & & anchor room PPF protection kit for the lower sections. Oh & some doctor color chip for the chips b4 the PPF.

NOTE! Just ordered ZL1 splash guards use code ZL15 should get $4.05 off order not much but hey why not!

Been 6 days since my order & they confirmed the order but have not shipped the items yet.

Last edited:

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Thanks for this info guys! A whole 400 miles on my DH & rock chips already! RIDICULOUS! I'm in on the ZL1 splash guards & & anchor room PPF protection kit for the lower sections. Oh & some doctor color chip for the chips b4 the PPF.

NOTE! Just ordered ZL1 splash guards use code ZL15 should get $4.05 off order not much but hey why not!

Been 6 days since my order & they confirmed the order but have not shipped the items yet.
Wondering if you got the ZL1 splash guards installed? If so any pics and how do you like them? I'm looking for some splash guards as well. I've seen a few others mention these as well:

https://jaegerbrothersauto.com/products/2024-mustang-splash-guards-4-pc-set-front-and-rear.html

It does look like the Jaeger brother one's just snap on and are more expensive too so not sure what to do, lol.

Woobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Wondering if you got the ZL1 splash guards installed? If so any pics and how do you like them? I'm looking for some splash guards as well. I've seen a few others mention these as well:

https://jaegerbrothersauto.com/products/2024-mustang-splash-guards-4-pc-set-front-and-rear.html

It does look like the Jaeger brother one's just snap on and are more expensive too so not sure what to do, lol.
The link below shows my ZL1 guards installed. I have 700 miles on them and so far I am very happy with them...if that helps?

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...er-flare-to-protect-paint.158089/post-3259989

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
The link below shows my ZL1 guards installed. I have 700 miles on them and so far I am very happy with them...if that helps?

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...er-flare-to-protect-paint.158089/post-3259989
Not sure how I missed the post with your pics but thanks for pointing it out. Sounds like the install isn't too bad. It does look like they have a deluxe or heavier duty one's coming out this month but not sure if those are really needed. So your pretty happy with the quality of them overall? They don't seem cheap or flimsy?

Woobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure how I missed the post with your pics but thanks for pointing it out. Sounds like the install isn't too bad. It does look like they have a deluxe or heavier duty one's coming out this month but not sure if those are really needed. So your pretty happy with the quality of them overall? They don't seem cheap or flimsy?
I am happy with them, but if a heavier version is coming out it might be better to see those first. I would be interested in any information you could share on the deluxe version! They were all I could find at the time and really wanted something on for our cindered winter roads in NE Pennsylvania!

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I am happy with them, but if a heavier version is coming out it might be better to see those first. I would be interested in any information you could share on the deluxe version! They were all I could find at the time and really wanted something on for our cindered winter roads in NE Pennsylvania!
You can read about them here in the description below:

https://zl1addons.com/collections/n...650-deluxe-rock-guards?variant=43446818799787

Product Finish:
  • Deluxe: This option features a diamond polished and rounded edge built with a thicker plastic compared to our standard options. It includes a textured automotive finish on outboard flat surface. Suitable for temperatures down too 20 degrees.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I’ve got over 9k miles with my ZL1 addons guards. I also had 25k+ miles in my S550 ones too. Great product.
Sponsored